Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ravana2 Posts: 146, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2008, 07:46 AM
    Best banks for saving
    I would like to put some money in the bank . It will be a long time saving ( 20 years ) . Because it's a long time I'm looking for some bank that is secure for longer time .

I don't know witch criteria to take . Bank with biggest assets or revenue ?

Is there any list of world banks by assets and/or revenue ?
    CFZD Posts: 385, Reputation: 49

Jul 18, 2008, 07:55 AM
    Wow, 20 years, you ought to put it in an IRA or Roth IRA then. Ask an financial advisor about it.

Jul 18, 2008, 08:11 AM
    I will tall you the whole story . I have a plan to be cryonicly preserved after my death . Or in other words to be freezed . So I need some bank that will be still in business few decades ( centuries ) from now .
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2008, 08:14 AM
    I... don't know how to even answer this.

1. Cryonically being frozen does NOT guarantee you will survive it.. . at all.

2. Let's assume that they actually devise a way to make it work... they can thaw you and bring you back to life.. . that technology is a few centuries away, in which case, no bank will ever guarantee your financial situation for hundreds of years.

I guess... you could use the money to start a company, hire people to run that company, and just let the company run while you're in your state of being frozen...

Jul 19, 2008, 12:46 AM
    If I open a company after my death someone will inhered it and I don't want that . With bankbook its different . My account will be still active after my death and it will wait for me .
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2008, 06:12 AM
    Actually, your account will be seized by your inheritance or the government will take it.

Jul 20, 2008, 01:00 AM
    I asked in my bank in croatia and I got the answer that in the case that no one of my relatives apply for my saving after my death my account will run forever .

I have an agreement with my relatives that they won't do that . But lets go back to primal question . List of biggest banks ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

REO Banks [ 4 Answers ]

I'm a Real Estate Agent, and a pretty good one too, but I am trying to break into the REO bank owned properties so that I can work for various lending institutions and list and sell bank owned property. Can anyone tell me if there is a list of who's who and how I go about getting that list and...

Foreclosure and banks [ 2 Answers ]

I read the responses to my initial question.. Thanks. New Question? Does anyone have experience in the situation where the bank forecloses and may let me take over the loan, or should it be absolute that I contact the bank prior to the foreclosure. Where can I look up defaulted homes (the one...

Sperm Banks [ 6 Answers ]

Odd question but I can't seem to find one in Wisconsin or chicago that pays half way decent money for a donation. Can anyone help me out here?

Loans from banks [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know of a bank that gives loans to people with not so hot credit

View more questions Search