Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2008, 10:57 PM
    What do you think about this bible lesson?
    From the New Jerusalem version...
    Matthew 12:
    1. At that time Jesus went through the cornfields one Sabbath day. His disciples were hungry and began to pick ears of corn and eat them.
    2. The Pharisees noticed it and said to him, "Look, your disciples are doing something that is forbidden on the Sabbath."
    3. But he said to them, "Have you not read what David did when he and his followers were hungry,
    4. how he went into the house of God and they ate the loaves of the offering although neither he nor his followers were permitted to eat them, but only the priests?
    5. Or again, have you not read in the Law that on the Sabbath day the Temple priests break the Sabbath without committing any fault?
    6. Now here, I tell you, is something greater than the Temple.
    7. And if you had understood the meaning of the words: Mercy is what pleases me, not sacrifice, you would not have condemned the blameless.
    8. For the Son of man is master of the Sabbath."
    What does in personally mean to you?
    Keep in mind that Jesus also said that the sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Criado Posts: 142, Reputation: 15

Jul 18, 2008, 02:14 AM
    I believe that it just one of the few indications that Levital Laws will be vanished away and will be changed.

Hebrews 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Hebrews 7:12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.
    sndbay Posts: 1,447, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2008, 04:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Criado
    I believe that it just one of the few indications that Levital Laws will be vanished away and will be changed.

Hebrews 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Hebrews 7:12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.
    The scripture you refer has happened..

Hebrew 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
    Hebrew 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

And perhap you can understand better what was being spoken in Hebrews 7:12 with meaning to words and refer to the associated verses.

Hebrew 7:12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law. 7:13 For he of whom these things are spoken pertaineth to another tribe, of which no man gave attendance at the altar. 7:14 For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood. 7:15 And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest, 7:16 Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.

1. sprang393 out of 1537 Juda;2455
    (meaning)393 cause to rise 1537 from 2455 the fourth son of Jacob / Judas Iscariot, the apostle who betrayed Jesus

2. not after the law of a carnal 4559 commandment
    (meaning)4559 governed by mere human nature not by the Spirit of God
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2008, 05:26 AM
    As for the question and scripture Fred has put here for us to view. What do we think about this bible lesson?

We have promises which God has given to never leave us or forsake us. And we are told if we seek God with heart and soul, we should find Him. The Word is Jesus, and it can not be taken from you. My opinion is to make wise decisions when reading anything done by man, who has taken it upon himself to give us what God has already given.

Hebrews 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Deu 4:29 But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.

Revelation 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
    Criado Posts: 142, Reputation: 15

Jul 18, 2008, 06:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sndbay
    The scripture you refer has happened..
    I agree that it already happened. I was just using the word "will" because I was referring to that time when Matthew 12:1-8 is happening. :)
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2008, 07:55 AM
    Many thanks for your input on this.
    My point of view about it is that though the Sabbath is important there are times and instances where other things may be more important.
    At such and instance a wise decision becomes necessary.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred (arcura)
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2008, 08:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura
    Many thanks for your input on this.
    My point of view about it is that though the Sabbath is important there are times and instances where other things may be more important.
    At such and instance a wise decision becomes necessary.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred (arcura)
    Fred scripture is that the Sabbath is Christ, and not a Day. Christ himself teaches this.. The commandment is remember the Sabbath.. so.. Keeping Christ Holy is of the most importance. Christ knew that a day was of necessary work for some. What man taught of the Sabbath should have been of Keeping Christ Holy...

Matthew 12:6 But I say unto you, That in this place is [ONE] greater than the temple.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jul 19, 2008, 06:28 AM
    Hello Fred !

Good to see you back again here !

:)

·
    savedsinner7 Posts: 412, Reputation: 52

Jul 19, 2008, 11:28 AM
    I believe we are to live every day for Jesus. Not just one specific day of the week. We are to find our rest in Him, our strength in Him, our Hope in Him.
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2008, 02:09 PM
    Credendovidis,
    It is good to hear from you. I and some others have missed you on AW.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2008, 02:10 PM
    Savedsinner7,
    You have made a very good point.
    Thanks.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    savedsinner7 Posts: 412, Reputation: 52

Jul 19, 2008, 03:18 PM
    You're welcome
    -

Jul 19, 2008, 03:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura
    ... I and some others have missed you on AW....
    You know it was not my decision, Fred ! I am tolerant to other views, but most there are not !

In that respect I have to state for management here :

Chapeau !!!!

·
    Attached Images

Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2008, 09:20 PM
    Credendovidis,
    I'm hoping that you and Aton will someday be back there.
    There are a few there that need to have you there.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    -

Jul 19, 2008, 09:23 PM
    Fred : thank you for that. But I do not intend to return there. Too much hypocrisy and intolerance there !
    Peace, kindness, and good health to you too, my friend!

:)

·

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Let this be a lesson to those who are considering doing this. [ 6 Answers ]

I did the unthinkable and went to my ex's house today. Just called to his door and said I missed him. He said he missed me too but he didn't know what to say. I asked if we could try again and he said we could give it another go, start afresh and take things easy. I was over the moon and left his...

I need poetry lesson [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know what the style of poetry that I like to write is called. It is similar to "Twas The Night Before Christmas", "Casey At The Bat", rhymes mostly about events.

Math Lesson [ 1 Answers ]

A professor of mathematics sent a fax to his wife. It read: "Dear wife, You must realize that you are 54 years old and I have certain needs which you are no longer able to satisfy. I am otherwise happy with you as a wife, and I sincerely hope you will not be hurt or offended to learn that by the...

Singing lesson [ 2 Answers ]

I want to start singing and I can't find a school help me.:o

View more questions Search