Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sojorner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2008, 10:19 PM
    Hooking a Utility Sink in basement to Kithcen sink drain
    I'd like to install a utility sink in the basement and have attached a drawing illustrating the current piping and proposed attachment.
    Basically, the kitchen sink drain goes directly into a drain in the basement floor via a 1-1/2" steel pipe, which is tied to the sewer system. I'd like to put a tee (y) joint in the steel pipe and connect to the utility sink.

Thanks
    Djh in Central Pa, usa
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf plumbing.pdf (12.5 KB, 342 views)
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jul 18, 2008, 06:21 AM
    Yes, it looks fine. Don't forget to install vent.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 18, 2008, 07:37 AM
    First increase to 2" and replace the 90's with sweeps and lose the dogleg, 45 over instead.
    As Milo pointed out you will have to vent the new sink. This can be done by running a pipe out the roof or a AAV,( Air Admittance Vent) as shown.
    Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Basement utility sink drain [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I want to install a utility sink in my basement next to an existing pvc drain stack. There is a cleanout about a foot above the basement floor. I was wondering if I could remove the cleanout and install a tee and put the cleanout back in above the tee. From the tee I was thinking about...

Odor in basement utility sink [ 1 Answers ]

When I use the water above the utilty sink witcth is the kitchen sink the water backs up down in the utilty sink that has a bad smell and remains in sink will not go down

Basement utility sink-old house [ 2 Answers ]

We have a 1945 colonial with a basement. It has an ancient utility sink and under the sink a pump of some sort that goes who knows where. The pump has a switch to turn it on and off with a timer (it is smell of smoke when turned on). When we first moved in the washer drained into the sink and...

Installing a Utility Sink in Basement [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to install a utility sink in the basement. My question is related to draining and venting said sink. I will attempt to describe my existing setup in order to narrow the response if possible. I am describing from the perspective of being in the basement and looking at the wall and...

Extending utility sink drain for bar sink [ 2 Answers ]

I have a utility sink in my walk-out basement - that sink's 1.5 inch drain connection is approx. 18" above the floor, into a two inch horizontal run. This 2 inch horizontal PVC runs about 3 feet, then connects to a main 3" DWV. I would like to add a bar sink, set into a standard height (36")...

View more questions Search