Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mroblee Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Jul 17, 2008, 08:30 PM
    Magical Levitating Flies?
    Hi,
    As of late we have been seeing a few flies in the house. I believe they are just house flies from pictures I found online. The strange thing is that they seem to levitate about an inch from the ceiling sometimes. They just "float" there. No wing movement or nothing. I've seen it in different spots, probably three of four times. Just wondering if anyone has ever seen or heard of this before. Thanks for any answers

Lee :confused:
    WVHiflyer Posts: 384, Reputation: 34

Jul 17, 2008, 10:20 PM
    Has anyone else witnessed these magical flies or have you been alone and smoking strange things? :D ;)

I don't have an explanation except that you just aren't seeing their wings move. Are they right side up when they do this?

-
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2008, 10:25 PM
    I would just like to add that you might not be seeing the movement of their wings because they are probably moving their wings too fast for you to see the movement of them. By the way, that was a good and witty retort that you wrote, WVHiflyer! LOL! :)
    WVHiflyer Posts: 384, Reputation: 34

Jul 17, 2008, 10:30 PM
    Thanks, Clough. I try.

-
    mroblee Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Jul 18, 2008, 08:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    I would just like to add that you might not be seeing the movement of their wings because they are probably moving their wings too fast for you to see the movement of them. By the way, that was a good and witty retort that you wrote, WVHiflyer! LOL! :)
    The flies are upside as if they have landed on something. I am pretty sure the wings are not moving, I could try to get a pic, but not sure how it would turn out. My wife pointed it out to me and that's when I found this site and posted the question, so I am not the only one who has noticed it. I have not used any Illicit drugs eithier WVHiflyer! Although I am starting to think maybe I should get some type of medication if I am seeing things like this, on one has ever scene this before! I think it is interesting, but it is freaking my wife out.
    love is abby Posts: 114, Reputation: 2

Jul 18, 2008, 08:27 AM
    Hmm, I don't know that is quite strange. Try to get that picture though, I'd really like to see it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Drain Flies/Sewer Flies [ 24 Answers ]

We moved into this house almost 1 yr ago. At first I didn't notice the flies. We have a shower stall in our bathroom that is in our room. We noticed a leak and stopped using it. Someone mentioned that I should still pour water down the drain, is this true? Our sump pump is in the basement next...

Why flies coming from under floorboards what flies [ 1 Answers ]

Have recently had a problem with sewage leaking under the house this caused my home to be infested with sewage flies had the sewage leak fixed and my floor boards ripped up the sewage removed and the area sanitised then the floor relayed had no flies for about a week but we are now getting some...

Here's my magical yesterday [ 6 Answers ]

Sunday, 8 June 08: My son woke and wanted to go to breakfast since we were both up and the ladies were still sleeping. I told him that I was trying to get some of the laundry done, folded and almost put away (I'm a guy and by my genetics I am limited to not completing some tasks. I can't or...

Magical Lobster [ 2 Answers ]

There was a young woman who was a chef and she wasn't the greatest. Then she meet someone and she wanted to be better at chef and then there was a lobster that was magical and helped her be the best chef in town and get her guy! What is the name of this movie?

I have a magical dancing duck [ 3 Answers ]

A circus owner walked into a bar to see everyone crowded about a table watching a little show. On the table was an upside down pot and a duck tap dancing on it. The circus owner was so impressed that he offered to buy the duck from its owner. After some wheeling and dealing, they settled for...

View more questions Search