Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    teena bell Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2008, 08:14 PM
    Can I still homeschool my child
    I want to know when I can start haomeschooling my daughter she is 3 but, is already learning what you do in 1st grade. I use to be a aide in a dayschool( it's kind of like preschool but, a bit diffrent) but, when ca I start is it too early to start now? I'm have a mild form of desexlia(with both numbers and words) this would not hurt anything or should I send her to private school . I do not like the public school systems in pour area .
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jul 17, 2008, 08:25 PM
    My advice is to seek counseling from local services. They may be aware of options that are available to you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 18, 2008, 05:46 AM
    Learning is a life long experience at these younger ages let kids be kids and don't push them too fast, so you get them to graduate high school at 12, is that really a good thing.

But you can teach them things they need to know, then when they become school age you can do placement testing to find the better grade, to move them up a class or two, esp if home schooling.

Jul 18, 2008, 01:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    Learning is a life long experience at these younger ages let kids be kids and don't push them too fast, so you get them to graduate highschool at 12, is that really a good thing.

But you can teach them things they need to know, then when they become school age you can do placement testing to find the better grade, to move them up a class or two, esp if home schooling.
    This I know and I never push anything on her, she just lokes to learn and I make most of it a game where she don't know that she is learning. She is starting to add and subtract. She came up to me and said mommy look , and laied down 3 pecies of apple, and said if I eat 2 then I have 1. I didn't even know she knew anything about that. I know that she needs to be around other children, this is why I'm thinking about private school, I don't want to overly push her but, I don't want her not to push her a bit to learn . I just want more for my child then I ever got from what bit of mother that I did have. Pleas don't think I'm am being rude because I am not, it is just a long story.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2008, 02:01 PM
    A 3 year old learning 1st grade material is highly doubtful she is not ready

Jul 18, 2008, 03:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by danielnoahsmommy
    a 3 year old learning 1st grade material is highly doubtful she is not ready
    That is what she is learning. I use to be a teachers aide for 1st grade and use to to other things with a school system.
    She is starting to read also. I am not manking this up , I know every parent think thie child is the best smartedt... but, she is doing what I stated I have no reason to lie, I'm not being rude or nothing, but, oh well.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2008, 10:07 AM
    If she is advanced as you claim she deserves to be educated at a school setting so she can reach her full potential

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I homeschool my children? [ 21 Answers ]

I have recently decided to be a stay at home mom and am now considering homeschooling my three children (3rd - 6th grade). I homeschooled last semester, but I was also attending college full time. As you could imagine, things didn't go quite well. I was struggling between home, school, and...

Resources, and How Do You Homeschool? [ 3 Answers ]

We get most of our resources for homeschooling from our local homeschool store (it's a small little store). I thought maybe that we could get a couple of books from Borders book store. We bought The Idiot's Guide on How To Write Well. Some of the homeschool textbooks that we buy are not...

Holy cow.SWAT team invades homeschool [ 51 Answers ]

Sorry folks, but when I read more and more things like this, I just go out and buy another thousand primers or bullets or some other piece of reloading equipment, and then make a little donation to NRA-ILA. Can you imagine where we'd be if there WERE NO Second Amendment? This kind of stuff...

Want to homeschool my 14 year old [ 2 Answers ]

I plan on homeschooling my 14 year old who is in ninth grade he is doing terrible in school. I have tried to transfer but they won't. I live in Queens, NY. How do I go about doing this? I know I have to send a letter to the District informing them of my intentions. Then they send me a form to...

Homeschool boy confuses me [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am 12 years old, almost 13(but everyone says I am waaay more mature than 12), and my crush is 14. Okay, yes my problem is at least sort of typical, but I am desperate. First I’ll tell you a little about myself. I am a home-schooled Pastors kid, and he is home schooled too, and goes to my...

View more questions Search