Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slim30 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2008, 02:19 PM
    Window Replacement
    I need to replace window (doesn't have to be new... as long as it look descent).
    The current one looks foggy.
    . Advise me where to contact.. . [email protected]

Thanks,
    Slim30
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2008, 02:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by slim30
    I need to replace window (doesn't have to be new...as long as it look descent).
    The current one looks foggy.
    . advise me where to contact. [email protected]

Thanks,
    Slim30

I'm not sure what you're asking. Where to buy used windows? Would depend on where you are.
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Jul 18, 2008, 06:51 AM
    You'll probably have a hard time finding a used window that will fit without reworking the opening, best to go to a store that sells them and see if they have your size or can order one.

Jul 18, 2008, 06:53 AM
    You could also look into replacing the glass in your window rather than the whole window, could be that the seal has broken if it is double pane glass.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2008, 07:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by amricca
    You could also look into replacing the glass in your window rather than the whole window, could be that the seal has broken if it is double pane glass.

You can replace the broken seak on thermo pane? I just got talked into replacing the whole door because - same as OP - the glass was foggy due to broken seal - !

Jul 18, 2008, 08:22 AM
    It can be done, but it is not always easy. Some windows and doors require completely replacing or a pro to put the new glass in.

Replace Insulating Glass: Introduction & Steps 1-3 | Tips & Techniques | Reader's Digest

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacement Window Cost [ 27 Answers ]

My wife and I are considering replacement windows for our house. I'm not interested in having every window company in the city calling us with their best deal, but I really want to know what I'm looking at from a cost perspective. We have 16 windows in the house, most are about 35 inches wide...

How to close all the childwindows(popup window) when closing the parent window [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, all In javascript I need to close all the child windows that I have opened through a parent window Scenario: Here I will be having as many as child window opened and name given to the child window can not be tracked because each will be having a different name, and I am using 70 to...

Correct measurement for replacement window [ 1 Answers ]

I am replacing a large front window opening with vinyl windows from Lowe's. It will actually be 3 double hung windows that will come as one unit from Pella. The actual measurement right now is 66 1/4' tall X 94 1/2" wide. What size window unit should I order? I assume I will need some space on all...

Replacement window [ 2 Answers ]

I want to change out an replacement window installed 10 years ago. What's procedure to follow,to get new window with correct measurements????? Thanks :)

View more questions Search