Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2008, 01:51 PM
    Eye tooth out of place
    My top left eye tooth is out of place - it's straight, but it grew in a bit behind my other teeth. It has created other problems, pushing the tooth to its right into a slight diagonal and wearing the point off the tooth it hits when I bite down. People always tell me that it's not noticeable, but it drives me crazy! I wore a retainer for it when I was 13, but it impaired my speech and smelled disgusting despite daily cleanings in efferdent, and I went through three of them (breaking 2 and losing 1) before my mother told me that she was not going to pay for any more orthodontic work. Now I'm 28. I really want a perfect smile, especially because I also model, and I want my teeth to be perfect one day for my wedding pictures. About 6 years ago I made an appointment with my dentist to get the tooth worn down and covered with a crown, but when I went to get it done the man who was supposed to do it (not my dentist) told me that it was absolutely crazy to do that to a perfectly healthy tooth. Per his recommendation, I got up out of the chair and left. Here I am, years later, and I still have this problem.

What would be the best option in this situation? Another dentist recommended braces, and I saw the orthodontist in his office, but I'm not so sure that I want to be one of those adults with braces for a year. Please help!
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2008, 05:52 PM
    To get the smile that you want, orthodontics is the best choice. There are braces now that are less noticeable, you may be able to request them. When the ortho treatment is complete ask the orthodonist to cement a permanent retainer behind your front teeth to stop the teeth from shifting again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tooth ache in rootcanal tooth? [ 8 Answers ]

In the last 2 days I have this dull pain in my tooth (really high up, in the gums). It only hurts when I walk or bend down. It is not painful when I drink or eat. I had a root canal on this tooth in 2005 and it has a permanent crown on it. I did have a cold a few weeks ago and was wondering if it...

Tooth extraction [ 3 Answers ]

A little over three years ago when I was prgnant with my daughter one of my fillings came out and I never had it fixed, over the past two months it has got much worse and now I can't bear the pain, I made a trip to the dentist today to see if they could pull it and he said that the x ray showed a...

Cracked Tooth [ 1 Answers ]

Just a while ago I cracked a tooth that had a root canal a year ago. The tooth also had a cavity. I never got it crowned. Now if I go to a dentist. What are some things they can do to fix my tooth with out pulling it? My Dad told me with his cracked tooth they just fill it with this white substance...

Tooth knocked out of place [ 1 Answers ]

One of my front teeth was knocked backwards 7 days ago and the root of the tooth went forward protruding into my upper lip and I can feel it almost in my right nostril. I went to the dentist and he was able to match up the bottom of my right front tooth with my left front tooth, but the injured...

Tooth.. [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any activities that is not allowed if u just went ot the dentist to pull your teeth?

View more questions Search