Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CFZD Posts: 385, Reputation: 49

Jul 17, 2008, 12:56 PM
    US Citizen with Spouse US Permanent Resident
    If a US Permanent Resident wants to travel with her husband who is a US citizen, can that happen? What visa does she need?

Thanks,
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jul 19, 2008, 12:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CFZD
    If a US Permenant Resident wants to travel with her husband who is a US citizen, can that happen? What visa does she need?

Thanks,
    It depends on what her nationality is. Check with consulate of that country first if she would need to apply for a visa.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

US Citizen married filing separately, spouse lives outside US: does spouse need ITIN? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello. I am a US Citizen living in the US full time. My husband is German, living in Europe full time. We got married in the US in September 2006. My husband is applying for a green card but meanwhile cannot enter the US, due to immigration rules. Therefore we have not lived in the US together...

Filing status of dual resident spouse of you.S. Citizen [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I am a U.S. citizen and married my non-resident wife, who was on a student visa, in mid-2007. She received her green card in December 2007. During 2007, she has worked in the U.S. while on her student visa, but she has also worked for part of December after she became a resident. My...

Non resident spouse - Can I claim spouse exemption (1040 6b) [ 8 Answers ]

I am a resident alien with a non resident alien spouse who: (a) Moved to the US in August 2007 on H4, but left shortly afterwards to close ties in the foreign country (in preparation of permanent move in 2008) (b) Does not meet the substantial presence test in 2007 (c) has no US income during...

Immigration/Permenant Resident [ 4 Answers ]

I have an immigration question that have been confusing me for a very long time now. I am on a B1/B2 visa here in the USA and just got married to my US Citizen. I entered the USA in June 2007 and we got married in December 2007. Since I am not to work nor do so many other things here because I am...

FICA taxes for Non-resident spouse treated as resident [ 7 Answers ]

I'm a resident alien for tax purposes. My wife was on F-1 till June 2006, then OPT till Nov 2006, and H-1 afterwards. We elected to treat her as a resident for tax purposes when filing returns for 2004 and 2005. My question is : Her employer did not withhold FICA taxes until she received her...

View more questions Search