Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ssilky131 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2008, 10:57 AM
    Charge off
    If a car has been charged off do it also have to be turned back in?
    jakester Posts: 582, Reputation: 165

Jul 17, 2008, 11:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ssilky131
    If a car has been charged off do it also have to be turned back in?
    Ssilky -

If you wake up in the morning one day and you yawn, stretch, and step outside... surprise... you might find that the car is gone... it's called REPOSSESSION. In some cases, the creditor does not even need to notify you that they are going to repossess it.

Try to be proactive and work with the creditor before repossession takes place. Set up a repayment plan and do your best to abide by it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 17, 2008, 01:04 PM
    A Charge off is merely an accounting term meaning that it was considered a bad debt, it has nothing to do with them suing you for the loss and repo of the car. And if you try to sell the car filing criminal charges latter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much to charge [ 3 Answers ]

I'd like to get involved in painting houses. How do I figure how much to charge

Charge off [ 4 Answers ]

I wrote yesterday about my credit card being sent to a company to be charged off. After speaking tothese people and almost getting sick over it, we agreed on a 30% discount on my balance and 3 grand needed by the 21 of this month so it doesn't go to lawyers, and then payment arrangement for the...

DWI charge [ 3 Answers ]

My friend insists something put in drink. Touchy current situation in this city between police, district attorney, judge, and the powers that be. Public defenders pretty uncooperative with her: the more they refuse to talk about...

Old Charge [ 2 Answers ]

I have a question and I really need an answer as soon as possible. Someone I know was being accused of sexual assault so he turned himself in, he was not arrested. He stood before the judge with his attorney and was given an Anger Management class because apparently there was no proof. This...

Charge of? [ 1 Answers ]

On one of my credit report one credit card said charge of? What does that mean?

View more questions Search