Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    humisulman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2008, 10:26 AM
    Farz Rakaat for all prayers
    Asslam-o-Alaikum,

I have a confusion about Farz Rakaat of all Prayers. One of my cousin says that we only have to read the Farz of all prayers and we will be asked by Allah only about Farz and not about Sunnah and Nafal. And she don't even read Witar in Isha prayer. But I believe that Isha can not be completed with out reading Witar. As we are told that in Fajar we can't leave 2 Sunnah. In Zohar Farz Rakaat are 4 sunnah, 4 Farz, and 2 Sunnah. And we can leave 2 Nafal. Please answer this question and tell me in detail that how many Rakaat are Farz for all prayers and what Rakaat we must have to offer.

Thanks and Regards

Fi Amman-u-Allah
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2008, 11:58 AM
    Assalaam alaikum,

Islam Question and Answer - He wants to pray the obligatory prayers only and not the naafil prayers

--------------------------------------------
    Nawafil Salah

Nawafil salah are prayers said in addition to Fard (Obligatory) salah, including the Sunnah prayers of Fajr, Zuhr, 'Asr, Maghrib and 'Isha. The Prophet saaws performed these prayers often, but not always. They are unlike the Fard salah, and are not required to be done all the time; to exceed the Prophet (saaws) in his frequency, becomes a sin of being extreme in the religion.

Abdullah ibn 'Umar reports that the Prophet sallallahu alehi wasallam said: "Make some of your prayers in your houses and do not turn your houses into graves." This statement is related by Ahmad and Abu Dawud.

Abu Dawud records from Zaid ibn Thabit on sound authority that the Messenger of Allah said: "A person's salah in his house is better than his salah in my mosque, except for the fard salah."

An-Nawawi says: "The Prophet sallallahu alehi wasallam encouraged one to offer nawafl in one's house because then the prayers are more private and will have less of a chance of being done for show and will be free from defects that vitiate good deeds. Furthermore, this will be a blessing for the house as mercy and angels will descend on it while Satan flees from it."

Do not make sunnah salat after Fajr or after Asr.

Hadith - Bukhari 7.709
    The Prophet had forbidden: (A) the Mulamasa and Munabadha (bargains), (B) the offering of two prayers, one after the morning compulsory prayer till the sun rises, and the other, after the 'Asr prayer till the sun sets. (C) He also forbade that one should sit wearing one garment, nothing of which covers his private parts, (D) and prevent them from exposure to the sky; (E) he also forbade Ishtimal-as-Samma'.

Please look at the following link for the rest of the article describing Salat in detail.
    Muttaqun OnLine - About Salah: According to Quran and Sunnah
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Here are some more information you might like to read.
    Islam Question and Answer - Making up naafil acts of worship

Best way to offer Witr prayer.
    Islam Question and Answer - Ways of offering Witr prayer that are narrated in the reports

-------------------------
    "these extra 12 rakaats of optional prayers, according to Imam Nasaai and Tirmithi are : 2 rakaats before the obligatory prayer of Early morning fajr, and 4 rakaats before (Duhr) and 2 rakaats after it ,and 2 rakaats after the obligatory of early evening prayer (magrib) and 2 rakaats after the obligatory prayer of night (isha) prayer."

Please follow this link to read the whole article. Islam Question and Answer - The excellence of optional prayers
    --------------------------------------------

Wa alaikum salaam

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3rd and 4th rakaat [ 2 Answers ]

Aslamualekum. Is it compulsory to say surrah fateha in 3rd and 4th rakaat of farz namaz.

Prayers needed [ 14 Answers ]

Okay I wasn't sure where to post this. But please I have a 25 year old sister. Who is sick . And I'm worried and praying every second I have please pray for her. Please I beg you for her to get better please help me with prayers for her to get better:( :( :(

I could use prayers [ 10 Answers ]

I'm never sure where to put some of my questions! Basically---my mom just called, and my dad is in an ambulance on the way to the hospital. He wasn't feeling well, and was having chest pains. They gave him nitro, and that helped, but they're taking him to the hospital for observation...

Prayers [ 18 Answers ]

Does God Hear my Prayers? When I pray through his Son Jesus Christ, does He hear them?? :rolleyes:

View more questions Search