Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2008, 07:48 PM
    I was thinking of covering your wood with a pink tarp. There's plenty of colors like yellow here: Tarps - Canvas Tarps, Heavy Duty Tarps, Vinyl Tarps, Mesh Tarps, Flame Retardant Tarps

He'll have a nice bright reminder to look at every day.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 26, 2008, 07:51 PM
    Hey KISS, did you see the new guy named keepitsimple? I told him you already have KISS tied up. For a moment I thought he was you and then realized the last word was missing.
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2008, 07:53 PM
    If posting is a size issue, the IrfanView - Official Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide will re-size nicely.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 26, 2008, 07:56 PM
    KISS did I miss something, this doesn't seem like the same topic?? By the way, here is the new guy https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/plumbi...er-241592.html
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2008, 07:56 PM
    I completely agree that getting "even" with a madman requires you to become one.

Glad you tried to comply. Sorry your neighbors head is so far up "it" he can't tell night from day.

Oh well.

Good fences...
    Turtley Posts: 58, Reputation: 3

Jul 27, 2008, 06:35 AM
    Thanks kp. I actually have a privacy fence. We cut down a tree line to install it which is where all of this wood came from. The guy knew we were cutting the wood. However, in order to see this wood you must walk up my driveway (app 100 ft), look over my fence way back under the honeysuckle. BTW this neighbor liives 5 houses away... thank goodness he's not next door or across the street from me!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2008, 06:47 AM
    Omg 5 houses away and he is as big a nuisance as if he lived next door!
    I don't know whether to laugh or cry:confused:
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2008, 03:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtley
    Thanks kp. I actually have a privacy fence... in order to see this wood you must walk up my driveway (app 100 ft), look over my fence way back under the honeysuckle. BTW this neighbor liives 5 houses away...thank goodness he's not next door or across the street from me!
    Dear Lord. Unbelievable.

We have a relative who is one of the most disagreeable people I've met... just grouchy and grumpy at anyone, especially if you are happy... and at some point I just had to start to ignore her and remind myself that it must suck to live your life so unhappy.

What a grumpy snoop of a neighbor you have.

Jul 28, 2008, 07:01 AM
    He is a very unhappy man that only seems to see the dark side of everything and wants to bring people into his own miserable world. For ten years I have "humored" him to a degree. Now he is not just trying to suck people into his world but striking out. Ignoring him is the best thing but I need to stop the striking out part. I have talked with the BoH and have a police officer friend coming over to discuss his telling me that if the BoH comes to his door for any reason he will insist that they visit every house on the street. Our street is very neat and tidy but who knew that firewood needed to be 18" off the ground. Oh well it is what it is...
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2008, 07:05 AM
    He may just have sealed his own fate with his threats

Jul 28, 2008, 07:09 AM
    By the Way, I raised the wood to 19 3/8" using concrete blocks every 4 feet. I then set treated 2x4's on edge and connected them at each 8' end with a 1x4 screwed into the boards that ran down into the block for stability, and used the metal "rick stacker" frame to bookend the whole 32 feet. Seems like I have built Fort Knox to store my firewood. I sure hope so because I don't want to do this again.

Jul 28, 2008, 07:12 AM
    I have filed an incident report with the police just to have documentation, and when my mom told our police officer friend about the situation, he knew who it was without her telling him. He is a problem and a well known one... but what to do to make it stop?
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2008, 08:41 AM
    ballengerb1:

You missed something. See post #19:
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtley
    I cannot get the pictures to post.
    As to keepitsimple, I now have competition. I appeared I wasn't receiving notifications on posts, but that seems to be fixed now. That's all I need is competition. I better reserve the other name, just in case the admins want to shorten it, like they wanted to already.

Jul 28, 2008, 06:39 PM
    Sorry that I repeated myself KISS. I'll try not to do that in the future. We do however have a neat and tidy neighborhood except for this fellas house. If the BoH wants to enlighten us otherwise.. as I said before.. bring it on! Thanks for the heads up on repeating myself though! I repeat, I'll try not to do that again! Good Luck with your like namesake. I hope he does not get you into trouble.
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2008, 08:06 PM
    Now I'm confused.

We need some different thoughts to direct our energies at anyway once in a while.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can any teach me how to construct a traditional firewood oven? [ 2 Answers ]

I need a big oven if ever I want to put up a bakery. However, I do not have the money to buy an industrial or commercial oven. Electricity rates are also high in where I come from. So maybe, I can construct my own firewood/ clay/ cement traditional oven. Anyone can help me how to do it, please do...

Firewood or Duralogs [ 1 Answers ]

I turn to my trusty experts again... Do I pay $150 for 2 rows of 4' x 4' firewood or do I buy duralogs (box of 6 for $20)? We aren't using it for heating, just aesthetic/ ambiance.

"Bad Ground" [ 1 Answers ]

I blew a 15 amp circuit. When I reset the circuit breaker I got power but now my circuit analyzer says I have a "bad ground" Can a "bad" circuit breaker cause this? Thanks

Moldy Firewood [ 1 Answers ]

I have obtained several packaged bundles of Kiln-dried firewood. Several pieces of the split wood have mold growing on them, olive drab in color. Are these safe to use in my fireplace?

Help with Stacked Bathrooms [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, I live in an 800 square foot slab on grade home with 1 bathroom. I am adding a second story and including a bathroom and laundry room on the second floor. I positioned the bathroom by the main stack and the laundry further away. I intended for the toilet, sink, and tub and washing...

View more questions Search