Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    William Bowden Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2008, 07:34 AM
    Swelling of both Ankles
    For the past month, both of my ankles have been swelling. When I get up in the morning, they are normal, once I have been on my feet for several hours, they start to swell. The right one more than the left one. No pain what so ever. I do take medication for Blood pressure, a very low dosage 2.5. I have been on this medication for 14 years. I take my pressure daily it runs 118 over 68 to 126 over 76.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2008, 07:39 AM
    You really should go get it diagnosed cause it could be anything
    Poor circulation, gout, water,.

Causes can include sodium retention, obesity, neuromuscular disorders, taking birth control pills or hormone therapy, laxative abuse, diuretic abuse, allergic reactions, trauma or poor diet/malnutrition and standing too long. Some or all of these causes may contribute to swollen ankles.
    pdaher Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2008, 12:59 PM
    Edema - AOL Search Reference Center
    Edema, abnormal accumulation of fluid in the body tissues or in the body cavities causing swelling or distention of the affected parts. Edema of the ankles and lower legs (in ambulatory patients) is characteristic of congestive heart failure, but it can... more

News | Images | Videos
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2008, 01:15 PM
    Call your physician today. Fluid is accumulating in your lower extremities. Your heart and blood vessels are not working efficiently for any number of reasons.

Best wishes, :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chihuahua hates kids and bites their ankles. [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 14 month old male chihuahua named Fred and when he was about 2 months old, he didn't take well to his vaccines, and had a runny nose. When he was 3 months, my boyfriend's niece was 1 and 1/2 years old and she thought it was funny to hit him while he was sleeping (conserving energy). Now he...

Swollen ankles [ 2 Answers ]

Why are my ankles and calfs so swollen

Swelling [ 2 Answers ]

I have swelling and fluid build-up in my groin area is this something to worry about? I've been to doctors they don't anythings wrong. I'm hurting. Is there something else to try?

Weird itching and swelling on my ankles! [ 1 Answers ]

For the past three days I have been experiencing little spots on my ankles that look like flee bites, they are extremely itchy,therefore I have itched them therefore creating scabs, today I noticed as the day went alon my ankles swelled up huge and it hurts to bend my foot?? There are no animals so...

View more questions Search