Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    schmidt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2006, 12:17 PM
    Estate account
    I am the sole heir to my mother's estate;opened an estate acct. My question is what do I do with the money in that acct? Can I use it to pays bills such as home owners insurance,etc.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2006, 01:19 PM
    Yes.

Assuming the home owners insurance is for your mother's house.

You can use the money to pay for any debts that her estate is incurring.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 2, 2006, 01:58 PM
    You can pay any expense that is part of your mothers estate.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2006, 01:59 PM
    Hi,
    If you are the Executor of the estate, I highly recommend getting a lawyer, and/or a CPA to give you some Professional advice. Best wishes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Estate accounts. & tax no. [ 3 Answers ]

My brother is the exector of my aunts estate. He has a joint checking account. The aunt died. Before she died she sent in forms to sell 9 different stocks. If my brother calls the IRS for a tax no. and they give him one. Can he start putting in the stock checks in the bank and start use the money...

Estate tax [ 5 Answers ]

My step father's mother died approximately 5 years ago, and left the house to her son and grandson in a will. They have not probated the house as of this point, but are considering selling the home so they will have to probate it. I understand that they have done away with the Estate...

Real Estate [ 3 Answers ]

Does any one here know about real estate. I'm wondering which aspect of the whole career is best as in buying a house fixing it up and selling or going through companies. Or if they are two totally different things in all. Just any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Real Estate [ 7 Answers ]

We Are Selling Our Home Which Has Two Separate Properties. The People Who Want To Buy Both Properties Put In A Contract. Now They Wish To Divide To Two Contracts One For Each Property. Please Note That Both Properties Are Separately Addressed And Separately Deeded. If We Agree To This Are They...

Real Estate [ 1 Answers ]

Hi: How do I find out whether a real estate broker is licensed?

View more questions Search