Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2008, 06:38 AM
    What did our last Democrat president do for the country on energy?
    "In 1996 the Republican-majority House and Senate voted to allow drilling in ANWR, but this legislation was vetoed by President Clinton." Arctic Refuge drilling controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    There has yet been no change in the leadership of the Party.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2008, 07:05 AM
    It just continues on today, with the master plan of the "do nothing, don't drill" democrats.

They have prevented us from obtaining and using our own oil for decades now, and it would appear, even at $4 a gallon gas and $5 a gallon diesel, they still don't want us to use our own oil.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2008, 07:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by George_1950
    Hello George:

Nuthin... What did the Republican dufus in chief do? Nuthin.

What's your point?

excon
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2008, 07:53 AM
    Hey ex,

Have you forgotten that Bush proposed an energy plan, at the beginning of his presidency,
    That included opening up Drilling for our own oil.

If the Democrats had not filibustered this plan, and the drilling had begun then, we would not be asking all these questions about the high price of our gas right now.

I know, that's an issue that get easily overlooked.
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2008, 08:03 AM
    Hey Prog:

Yeah, I remember... I also remember him telling us to live our lives after he attacked Iraq... THAT would have been a prudent time to tell us to conserve.

This is a MUCH bigger issue than who the bad guy is. BOTH parties suck on this issue. The righty's think we can drill our way out, and the Dems think we can conserve our way out. BOTH, of course, are WRONG.

excon

PS> By the way, Obama didn't this nuclear power. He called for SAFE nuclear power. That's a BIG change for the Dems.
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2008, 08:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hey Prog:

Yeah, I remember..... I also remember him telling us to go ahead and live our lives after he attacked Iraq.... THAT would have been a prudent time to tell us to conserve.

This is a MUCH bigger issue than who the bad guy is. BOTH parties suck on this issue. The righty's think we can drill our way out, and the Dems think we can conserve our way out. BOTH, of course, are WRONG.

excon
    That is a post that I can stand by 100%!

While conservation needs to be at the top of the page, I still fail to see how starting now to obtain our own could be anything but a good idea.
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2008, 08:50 AM
    Hello George:

Nuthin... What did the Republican dufus in chief do? Nuthin.

What's your point?

excon
    "The George W. Bush administration pushed to perform exploratory drilling for crude oil and natural gas in and around the refuge. The House of Representatives voted in mid-2000 to allow drilling. In April 2002 the Senate rejected it.

"Arctic Refuge drilling was again approved by the Republican-controlled House of Representatives as part of the Energy Bill on April 21, 2005,[25] but the Arctic Refuge provision was later removed by the House-Senate conference committee. The Republican-controlled Senate passed Arctic Refuge drilling on March 16, 2005 as part of the federal budget resolution for fiscal year 2006.[26] That Arctic Refuge provision was removed during the reconciliation process, due to Democrats in the House of Representatives who signed a letter stating they would oppose any version of the budget that had Arctic Refuge drilling in it.[27]

"On December 15, 2005 Senator Ted Stevens, a Republican from Alaska, attached an Arctic Refuge drilling amendment to the annual defense appropriations bill. A group of Democratic Senators led a successful filibuster of the bill on December 21, and the language was subsequently removed.[28]" same article

It's time to hold the Dems accountable; all of them.
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2008, 08:59 AM
    Hello again,

There is only so much oil. Does anybody think we're going to leave any of it in the ground??

Interestingly, the Republicans think oil is unlimited. And, the Dems think we're going to leave some in the ground..

WHAT??

Until those people get a grip, we're going to continue down this loooong and lonely downhill road.

Buy gold.

excon
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Jul 17, 2008, 03:28 PM
    I just don't understand the idea that we can't drill our way out of this, since it is used as an excuse not to increase drilling. How is it possible that more supply is bad?
    Clinton did nothing to increase domestic energy, he did nothing of consequence when the twin towers were bombed the first time, he did nothing when he could have had Bin Laden.
    Actually, when WAS the last Democrat president who did anything positive for this country?
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2008, 03:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Galveston1
    I just don't understand the idea that we can't drill our way out of this, since it is used as an excuse not to increase drilling. How is it possible that more supply is bad?
    Clinton did nothing to increase domestic energy, he did nothing of consequence when the twin towers were bombed the first time, he did nothing when he could have had Bin Laden.
    Actually, when WAS the last Democrat president who did anything positive for this country?
    EXACTLY!

What a sorry excuse, it will take too long!!

OK, start now, and we won't still be arguing about this in another 5 or 10 years.

As to your last question.

The silence is deafening.
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2008, 04:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by progunr
    EXACTLY!!

As to your last question.

The silence is deafening.
    They are thinking-up some new names to call you.
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2008, 04:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Galveston1
    Hello Gal:

I don't know if balancing the budget counts, but it was a Democrat who last did that. It matters to me, though. It SHOULD matter to you. Maybe if we didn't borrow a trillion or so $$'s for a misguided war, maybe our dollar would be twice as high as it is, because that where it was when Bush was elected. Maybe THEN the price of gas would be cheaper. As a matter of fact, it WOULD be. The price of crude is priced in dollars. A doubling of the price just makes the sellers even.

Don't get me wrong. Democrats suck too. But, contrary to popular opinion, it appears they are a better minder of yours and my money.

excon
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2008, 04:38 PM
    Hello Gal:

I dunno if balancing the budget counts, but it was a Democrat who last did that...

Don't get me wrong. Democrats suck too. But, contrary to popular opinion, it appears they are a better minder of yours and my money.

excon
    Let's see, who was running that Congress? Mr. Gingrich in the House. Remember how he got blamed by your man for 'shutting down the government'? Don't you wish your crowd knew how to do that?
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Jul 18, 2008, 02:43 PM
    Ex, are you old enough to remember WW2? Wonder what you would say about the cost and casualties of that war? Germany didn't invade or attack us, but we proceeded to stomp them just because they were on the wrong side of the issues, and allied with Japan who DID attack us. This country could not win WW2 today. We have too many influential people who either actually hate their own country, or are ashamed of our success. ABC, NBC, CBS, et al, would be telling us daily how we were losing the war, and giving us a running body count. On some days, sadly, we lost thousands! You should thank God daily that the news media were not like they are today, or you would be speaking either German or Japanese and saying "Heil -------", and driving a Volkswagen bug.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Jul 18, 2008, 03:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by George_1950
    The same thing the Republicans did (see G. Herbert Walker Bush) before the Democrats took office.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Potential Energy- Bonding Energy [ 1 Answers ]

Question: The net potential energy between two ions (e.g. Na+ andCl-) can be Represented as follows: EN =EA+ER = -A/r +B/rn (a) Calculate the bonding energy E0 in terms of the A, B, and n ...

Democrat versus Republican [ 7 Answers ]

Many of you guys can add it up in one minute, so please tell me: How many wars were initiated by democrats since the beginning of the USA? How many were started by republicans? How many wars were ended by republicans versus democrats?

Democrat change that worked [ 20 Answers ]

I find this interesting . The Dems ran and were successful in 2006 by running a trojan horse campaign and appearing if not outright conservative ,then centrist ala Clintoon and his Democratic Leadership Council (DLC)model . That model worked well for them then ;and appeared to follow script in the...

Who made these comments about the president while his country was at war? [ 36 Answers ]

The war is "a wanton outrage upon the Constitution"; "the president's policies (have been) incredible, mendacious, ruinous, mischievous, disgraceful, dishonorable, reckless, and infamous." And, the president, "...waging war against the Constitution, was a free people's greatest enemy."

Democrat/republican who? [ 5 Answers ]

Are you going to vote democrat or republican and then who are you going to vote for? If you vote.

View more questions Search