Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Halivette Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2006, 11:49 AM
    How do you add your name to wife's property?
    How do you add your name (husband) to property of (wife)? Approx. how much does this cost?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 2, 2006, 11:55 AM
    If the property has a loan against it, you will have to contract the lender,

Also you can contact a title company ( in states using title companies) or a real estate attorney.

And of course the wife will have to OK it
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Apr 2, 2006, 01:20 PM
    Your wife needs to prepare a deed from herself, as seller, to herself and to you, as buyers. Then the deed needs to be recorded in the county clerk's office. If you go to an attorney to have this done it probably shouldn't cost you more than $100-$200 and you know that it will be done properly. If you do this on your own you run the risk of messing up the quality of the title. Obviously I strongly recommend having an attorney handle it. :)
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2006, 01:20 PM
    What type of property?

I agree with Fr Chuck if its land property or an automobile.
    Diane Miniel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2007, 02:51 PM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    Good concise answer. Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to adopt my wife's child no father on birthcertificate [ 6 Answers ]

My wife and I have been married since Sep 2000 and were living togeather in March of the same year. She has 2 children by two different fathers. The oldest one's father is in the picture and active in her life. The youngest 8 yrs old now, has never seen her birth father and has lived with me since...

Does wife's credit affect mine? [ 1 Answers ]

My wife has $5880 in credit card debt that has been turned over to collections. Do I have to worry about the debt affecting my credit? Will a judgement affect me? How likely is it that the company will sue? Can the company go after our joint checking account? How about a joint CD? I live in...

Property taxes/lien on property [ 2 Answers ]

We have been taking care of the rental properties across the street from us for many years as the landlord lives in Arkansas. We have never been paid for these services. We repair and maintain these properties, and the last tenants we even collected the rent and deposited into the landlord’s...

Property [ 5 Answers ]

I came across a deal in PA which I'm not sure about. The gentleman is about to go belly up and the bank is ready to take the property. He had govt. grants which help him out with the mortgage. The realtor said I could simply take over he's mortgage (under his name) but have the title (ownership) of...

View more questions Search