Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wattruler1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2008, 05:03 AM
    Home Sale
    Hello, I may have the opportunity for a private sale of my home with no agents and no commission.
    How do we go about it?
    jakester Posts: 582, Reputation: 165

Jul 17, 2008, 05:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by wattruler1
    Hello, I may have the opportunity for a private sale of my home with no agents and no commission.
    How do we go about it?
    Get a good lawyer who's versed in real estate and have him or her draft up the typical documents necessary for any home sale.

Any contingencies you might look for from a potentail buyer (i.e. the deal is subject to loan pre-approval for the buyer) would need to be spelled out in the paper work. But as I said, if you find a good real estate attorney, he or she will advise you of what is needed.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 17, 2008, 05:46 AM
    Yes, you will need a very complete contract and each state has specific rules of what is required to be in them. An attorney is the best route. Of course you can let them hand you a check and you sign the deed but then you can be like 1000 other people posting when the sale goes bad

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sale of Inherited Home [ 2 Answers ]

I sold home parents left me, (deceased 2-05) $129,000.00, closing cost $12,493.00... I had to do lot of repairs $41,000.00 & paid property taxes prior to sale How do I do this.. I know long term gain Does the taxes I paid.. plus closing cost (around 15K) go on schedule A I know its last minute...

Sale home [ 1 Answers ]

My home is under bankrupt #13 can I still sale my home

Sale of A Home [ 2 Answers ]

I purchased a home and it closed on January 24, 2007 and my mortgage broker told me that I would have a pre-pay for the first loan for $6,000.00 and that would come out of my equity out of my home when I refinance. So, I called my lender to get payoff demands because I was going to refinance in 2...

Schedule C home depreciation and effect on eventual sale of home in the future [ 1 Answers ]

I am debating if I should take depreciation on my personal home onto my federal schedule C. Let me explain, My gut feeling tells me that when I eventually sell my personal home I will be forced to add back all the depreciation I have taken on my schedule C for all those past years as income for...

Mobile home for sale [ 1 Answers ]

I have a mobile home for sale that sits on aproximetly a half acre lot I own but I can't seem to sell outright because banks won't give loans because it is a mobile home should I sell it land contract

View more questions Search