Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scottjld Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2008, 02:00 AM
    Why flies coming from under floorboards what flies
    Have recently had a problem with sewage leaking under the house this caused my home to be infested with sewage flies had the sewage leak fixed and my floor boards ripped up the sewage removed and the area sanitised then the floor relayed had no flies for about a week but we are now getting some different flies appearing from under the floorboards they are small and black like fruit flies what could they be and why could they be coming
    WVHiflyer Posts: 384, Reputation: 34

Jul 22, 2008, 11:39 PM
    They might be drain flies, though they aren't usually that small. It's possible they had time to lay eggs before the cleanup in areas that weren't cleaned. Put up fly strips where you see them most and hope the cleanup will stop more from invading. If that doesn't work, repost under this question or in Pest Control (Home & Garden).

-

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Drain Flies/Sewer Flies [ 24 Answers ]

We moved into this house almost 1 yr ago. At first I didn't notice the flies. We have a shower stall in our bathroom that is in our room. We noticed a leak and stopped using it. Someone mentioned that I should still pour water down the drain, is this true? Our sump pump is in the basement next...

Yellow Flies [ 17 Answers ]

Suggestions for something that will repel yellow flies please. When bitten by them, if I don't get to the meds quick enough, I end up in the emergency room. I'd really like to enjoy the flower garden and patio my husband and I just put in without being attacked by those buggers. It would be such a...

I want to know about flies [ 2 Answers ]

Are there any flies that bite?

Gnats and flies! [ 4 Answers ]

I've had a problem with gnats ands flies for a long time now. I have 3 rabbits, 2 cats 1 puppy and I keep their areas of the house clean. They were usually in the kitchen but now they are everywhere. People can't come to my house because I'm afraid of what they may think of my housekeeping skills,...

Fruit flies [ 1 Answers ]

In my apt. How do do kill them pemanently. Got rid of them once some how , bought 3 bananas and they're back. Tried flying insect spray and now into hair spray to avoid my toxicity.

View more questions Search