Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LivingAndLearning Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Jul 16, 2008, 10:57 PM
    False FB & MySpace accounts. How can I delete them/find out who created them?
    False FB account was created under my name, & tried to add my entire FB network (including co-workers) by saying this was new account. The profile consists of totally false info, & I do not want my co-workers to even think this type of stuff. Drunken photos were uploaded of me, which I think were stolen from when I had a MySpace (years ago)--stupid mistake. After I saw it, I Google'd myself and saw numerous Yahoo Answers posts from a screen-name that's my full name (so it'll come up in Google searches). Again, totally inaccurate information. How can I get to the bottom of who is doing this? I am almost positive I know who, but how can I go about proving it? Does Facebook give IP information? Also, does Yahoo? Something like this can really impact my career, since I am in many business-networking sites, I do not want a Google search to ruin anything for me.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 13, 2008, 07:32 AM
    You have to contact Facebook and Yahoo about this. Use the Help screens until you can get to a place to contact them.
    Gho5t Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2008, 03:11 PM
    Like in cases of major credit-cards frauds that wont't give out any info to you,same thing with isp/ip adresses from frauds. Contact your facebook/myspace people,and let them know about this,and also tell them what is your ISP(internet service provider). Most likely it is somebody that knows you. Contact all your friends and notify that anymail received from that account,to be forwarded with full headers to the proper support email adresses.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 7, 2008, 03:50 PM
    Yes, it is almost for sure someone you know, a stranger would have not reason to do all of this. But you will have to notify them of the problems, most likely send them proff of your ID and so on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do creditors find your bank accounts? [ 3 Answers ]

How do the creditors find your bank accts? I just wondered because I have accounts garnished at one bank and not at another. Thanks

Not Able to created a CD or DVD [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I recelently received this sony handycam dcr-hc26 digital mini cassette camcorder. Well you can transfer your video to the computer through a USB cable, I have installed the software that was included and my USB streaming works with the video playing on the computer Now I Try to write a...

Need to find out somebody's IP address on Myspace. [ 5 Answers ]

My friends account got hacked, and I want to make the hacker pay. Any way I can get there IP or location from them posting a bulletin?

Question #3 Credit Repair: Old, inactive accounts - should I delete? [ 5 Answers ]

I have two (a major department store and major banking institution) revolving accounts that have been open since 2000 and 1995 respectively, but have held a zero balance for the last several years. If I cannot re-establish usage of these accounts, will deleting them hurt my credit? -Ena

View more questions Search