Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lexicon29 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2008, 09:33 PM
    No more intimacy
    Hello,

I have been dating this girl for almost seven years. During the first four, we had sex several times per week but then I moved in with her and that all changed. After our fourth anniversary, her mother died and then we started having sex less and less. About four months later, I moved in and we stopped having sex altogether. We haven't had sex in over two years. I don't know what to do.

She says she'll be ready and I just need to wait, but for me it's not just about sex. We don't make out, we don't kiss intimately, we don't even share the same bed. I love her with all my heart but I honestly don't know how much longer I can wait. Every attempt at physical connection I make, she rejects. Should I continue to wait it out or try to find someone new?
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2008, 09:38 PM
    I would sit her down and say what your needs are, what her needs are and find some common ground. Losing her mother would probably hurt A LOT, however for that to ruin the lives of people left behind eg: you and her, she may need further help from a psych or counselling.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jul 17, 2008, 03:55 AM
    Sex or not, couples need intimacy to stay connected.

Out of curiosity---why seven years and no proposal? Is that, perhaps, what she's waiting for? Could there be hidden resentments on her part that her mother died before being able to see her wedding---even though you had already been dating FOUR YEARS at that point?

I really suggest couples counseling for you, mainly because you're not communicating at the same level at this point, and there seems to be something she's NOT telling you.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2008, 07:45 AM
    This started after her mother died... sounds like depression to me. THat can be treated.

Get her counseling and treatment or move on. If you are going to be celibate you should at least have the options of dating someone until you are ready.

But like Synnen said... four years is a long time to be dating without an egagement or wedding plans. She may be feeling like a booty call.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you regain the intimacy in marriage? [ 11 Answers ]

We have lost all the physical and emotional intimacy in my marriage. My husband has low testosterone and is being treated for this. But he still has no interest in me. I know he is not having an affair. He has distanced himself from me emotionally and physically. We are going to sex therapy in...

Trouble with intimacy in marriage [ 8 Answers ]

My wife and I have been married for 2 1/2 years, but seem to have suffered from some degree of bedroom intimacy issues for the last 5 or so. We have been together for 8 or so years and used to have a very healthy and happy love life. Over time her lebito has slowly worsened to the almost grinding...

My boyfriend has intimacy issues. [ 50 Answers ]

My boyfriend is 31 and I've been in a committed relationship with him for close to a year now and we have intentions to get married. We started with amazing sex but after two or 3 months it just dwindled to once in a blue moon. It's like we've already been married for 20 years LOL! For nearly 10...

How do I minimise sex but gain intimacy? [ 3 Answers ]

My partner and I have sex a lot. Almost every time we are together in his room. It is very rare that we don't have sex. Even though I love and enjoy sex I feel that the original intimacy sex brought to us has gone. I want to minimise how often him and I have sex and gain control but I am finding it...

How important is intimacy ? [ 13 Answers ]

I've been with my girlfriend for a little over a year and We have not done anything sexually other then "make out" Yes I've talked to her about it she replied " she wasnt ready " As all of u may answer "then u wait" but my question is How important is intimacy in a relationship

View more questions Search