Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    magellan7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2008, 03:51 PM
    Endometiral Polyp and endometrial ablation
    Dear Ask,

I went to my OBGYN for Mennoragia, excessive bleeding, had an ultrasound and they think it is a polyp. I am scheduled to have a hysteroscopy and remove the polyp as well as a tubal ligation as I requested. My doctor suggested endometrial ablation. Although tempted I am wondering shouldn't I find out the results of the polyp or fibroid or whatever they find as they will be sending to pathology as a mtter of course just to make sure it is not cancer.

Wouldn't one want to know if cancer was present beforean endometrial ablation is performed. I would assume if it is cancer one would not perform an ablation.

Am I correct? Does this make any sense at all? Any suggetsions of how to proceed? Or questions I should ask my doctor before this surgery?

Magellan7
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2008, 10:41 AM
    I think you have lots of un-answered questions you need to ask before having any kind of treatment... speak to your Doctor,he will be able to put your mind at rest concerning any worries you may have.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Endometrial ablation [ 3 Answers ]

I've tried researching this to no avail (or no answer that I want to hear). I had and endometrial ablation almost 7 years ago. I just turned 35 and now would like to have a child. I am back to having pretty regular light periods which leads me to believe by endometrium has/is growing back slowly....

Heavy periods, endometrial polyp [ 14 Answers ]

I had an endometrial polyp removed in Dec 05. I also had some small fibfoids but these were not removed as they were within the uterine muscle & my OBGYN said it was all right to leave them. I had a very heavy period 2 weeks after surgery which was very heavy & had many blood clots. This went...

Polyp and Poly Cystic Overies [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Friends, I am 25, I got married in June 2006. I have one abortion history also . Last year I got to know that I have Poly Cystic Overies and Polyp so doctor did some hestroscopy for polyp and gave contraciptive pills for PCO for 5 months. Now we are planning for a baby from last 3 months....

Post endometrial ablation [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have recently had an endometrial ablation and am now suffering from a womb infection, My doctor prescribed two lots of antibiotics, which are almost finished and yet I don't feel any better, I am feverish and in a lot of abdominal pain, The best way I can describe it is as a heaviness in the...

Endometrial ablation [ 1 Answers ]

Should there be bleeding and pain 3 days after procedure?

View more questions Search