Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ilovemyson24 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2008, 02:31 PM
    Is my son autistic?
    My 2 1/2 year old son doesn't talk yet, is he autistic?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2008, 02:34 PM
    I know lots of kids that do not start talking until they are almost 5 yrs old
    You need a lot more to go on to diagnose autism.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2008, 03:33 PM
    You need to get your child evaluated. Contact your pediatrician for a referral
    Mandee_R Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2008, 08:27 AM
    Well, I'm a mom of an autistic 5 year old girl. She is smart and started school in August. We got her evaluated last year. She is fine, but just a little bit more special! Autism isn't a road block, just a different path! You should get your child evaluated. Some kids are just a little slower than others. I also have a 3 year old son that I have been trying to potty train. All the other children have been potty trained by two, and our son is not having it! So, just because your child is slow at something doesn't necessarily mean bad! Hope this helps! A pediatrician will know what to do!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Name of movie re: autistic boy [ 4 Answers ]

I'm looking for the name of a movie which is prior to 'Rain Man" 1988. It's a story of a young boy (age 3-6) who suddenly develops autism and his mom tries to find out everything regarding autism and special clinics. What I remember most is the son being on the kitchen floor twirling/flipping his...

How do I no if my posseive fiancˇe is autistic? What shall I do? [ 5 Answers ]

Well my partyner is very possesive and always walks out of family get togethers without telling anyone it really upsets me as he walked out of my sons birthday today also he cleans all the time and is never happy and is also very insecure what c an I do its breaking us :(

How do I no if my fianc? Is autistic? Or just rude [ 5 Answers ]

He hates family get togethers and will walk out of them without he is really possesive to he hates me seeing family also he's very insecure what shall I do:(

I was told my toddler may be a little autistic [ 5 Answers ]

I have a daughter who will be 3 in December. I just recently took her into see the pediatrician for a cold and when I was there she was hearing my daughter talking, and asked me if my daughter was hard of hearing, I was like I don't think so why. Then she said "she dont even make sense when she...

Autistic child [ 1 Answers ]

I've been working fulltime up until the time my autistic son started school. Since then, I stopped working so I can take care of him. He's receiving income supplement from SSA and I am his guardian. He just turned 18 but he can't manage to take care of himself. My question is, do I qualify as a...

View more questions Search