Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhouse30 Posts: 306, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2008, 12:45 PM
    Credit Cards
    I was told if you send your payment in at least 5 days before it is due, it would help bring the principle down quicker and you would also have less interest to pay. Is there any truth to that?

Any tips on being charged as less interest as possible or other tips are welcomed.

Thanks in advance.
    sweet jane Posts: 17, Reputation: 4

Jul 16, 2008, 03:42 PM
    If you are holding over balances on your credit card, then yes, it will help to lower your principle. Every day after the first 30 days following a purchase, you are charged an interest fee. It is small, but it adds up. You might also want to pay a little bit every time you are paid if you are paid bi-monthly or weekly. Instead of holding it out until the due date.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2008, 04:31 PM
    Yes, the faster you pay it, the less interest will accrue.

Paying more, and or more often, will limit the cost of the credit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I Don't Want Their Credit Cards [ 2 Answers ]

Every week I receive 2 or 3 applications for credit cards, some of them have an actual card in them that they want me to activate. How can I get these mailings stopped, I'm not interested and I feel it's dangerous to put these documents in the trash ( ID theft). If I wanted a credit card I would...

Knowing which credit bureau is being checked when you apply for credit/Credit Cards [ 1 Answers ]

Which credit cards use only the trans union credit report for their cc applications? this knowledge may help me save part of my universe>:D

Credit Cards-Can't pay [ 1 Answers ]

H. I am pregnant w/ my first child and in serious credit card debt. I tried to make payment arrangements for what I could afford w/ my creditors, but after approx. 3 months they wanted more than I could afford. I am in the process of selling my house for what I owe on it because I cannot afford it...

Credit cards [ 5 Answers ]

My husband's grandmother is deceased. Credit card is closed but the credit card company is asking to pay $265. My husband is on his grandmother's credit card. Can the credit card company file action against my husband if he does not pay the amount due?

Credit cards [ 18 Answers ]

My friend used her parents credit card after they had been deceased. When somebody called her house to speak with them a relative told the company they were desceased. Now the company is calling and wants a death certificate sent. What can she do to not get in trouble over this. Ignore the...

View more questions Search