Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2008, 03:24 PM
    Yeah I think it is all a moot point too.
    I also am sure if she runs off to England somebody is going to be charged with something.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2008, 03:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    The laws must really be changing but does that mean she can go to England with her passport?
    And why are we always telling 16 year olds they have to wait until they turn 18 to be with their bf's if all they have to do is tell the Judge they want emancipated because they don't like their parents rules?
    I think 3/4 of the teens that live in the states that allow it would get emancipated right away.
    First off, I never stated anything about England or her running out to England. My comment about the passport was nothing more than her having parent constent which as you stated was 16.

Secondly, it's the parent fault because he allow her to behave like an adult by having the boyfriend move in so that shows there was no rules in place. If there was she might not be considering wanting to go to another country with a guy.

Thirdly, I stated she must able to prove she can provide for herself and I don't know if she has a job because she never answer the question.

Lastly, I don't advice every teen to get try to get this but this case is different. Boyfriend lived with her as if they were married with mother permission, how often does that happen?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2008, 03:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by liz28
    First off, I never stated anything about England or her running out to England. My comment about the passport was nothing more than her having parent constent which as you stated was 16.

Secondly, its the parent fault because he allow her to behave like an adult by having the boyfriend move in so that shows there was no rules in place. If there was she might not be considering wanting to go to anothe country with a guy.

Thirdly, I stated she must able to prove she can provide for herself and I don't know if she has a job because she never answer the question.

Lastly, I don't advice every teen to get try to get this but this case is different. Boyfriend lived with her as if they was married with mother permission, how often does that happen?

I have no side in this but everything else is being addressed but the original question - "So, I was wondering what would legally happen if I ran away to France or something out of the united states? What kind of trouble would I get in? and could I still be in trouble if they find me after i am 18?"
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2008, 03:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by liz28

Secondly, its the parent fault because he allow her to behave like an adult by having the boyfriend move in so that shows there was no rules in place. If there was she might not be considering wanting to go to anothe country with a guy.

Lastly, I don't advice every teen to get try to get this but this case is different. Boyfriend lived with her as if they was married with mother permission, how often does that happen?
    I was trying to tell her what the law in her state is and obstacles she could run into.

As Judy said much of it is moot and you seemed to be backing that she could get emancipated by the points you kept making

Lastly you would be surprised how many parents move their son or daughter girlfriends and boyfriends in and don't see anything wrong with it until MAYBE one of the parents decides they are going to make a problem out of it. I have seen it many times.
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2008, 04:03 PM
    [QUOTE=
    Comments on this post
    liz28 agrees: I know you must be 16 in NY, my statement apply to Arkansas guidelines.]

Sorry - I must have read something wrong - I thought your cousin got emancipated and moved in with you in NY. My point was that that would have nothing to do with the laws in Arkansas.

Again - I didn't realize you are/were in Arkansas.
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2008, 05:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee
    I have no side in this but everything else is being addressed but the original question - "So, I was wondering what would legally happen if I ran away to France or something out of the united states? What kind of trouble would I get in? and could I still be in trouble if they find me after i am 18?"
    I did try and look it up and all I could find was something about some countries will not let you in if you do not have additional documentation stating parental permission to travel so that they are assured you are not being abducted.
    I am sure the parents could also press charges that the boyfriend was harboring a minor or an accessory or something. I am sure it would not be taken all that lightly if she just took her passport and left.
    alwyzinlv Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2008, 12:40 PM
    I was 16 when I left my parents house.. but after I left I was allowed to get married. When your 17 1/2 the cops won't do anything because your almost an adult. & there is no such thing as being emancipated. I went to a cop and asked when I was 15.
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2008, 12:59 PM
    Cops don't know the law and they probably wanted you to think it wasn't an option to undermine your parents. But maybe your state doesn't allow you to get emancipated.
    There are very strict guidelines for getting emancipated and at 17 and a half it can be just as easy or easier to wait until you are 18 than go through the process.
    BUT she is saying she got a passport to leave the country that is a whole 'nother can of worms!
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2008, 01:01 PM
    There's a such thing as being emancipated. Maybe the cop did not know about it. Did you get married at the age of 16? If so, I thought you need your parents consent.
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2008, 01:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by alwyzinlv
    I was 16 when I left my parents house.. but after I left I was allowed to get married. When your 17 1/2 the cops won't do anything because your almost an adult. & there is no such thing as being emancipated. I went to a cop and asked when I was 15.

Emancipation depends on the State you are in - there is emancipation in the majority of States. You must live in a State where there are no guidelines.

Where did you get married without parental approval - ?
    MLWilliams Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2008, 02:15 PM
    I live in Texas. Have a adult daughter that has lived with me for many years without paying any rent, utilities, food, etc. I am very tired of her emotional abuse and disrespect. How do I get her to leave my home. I am 71 years old and cannot handle all the stress. She works partime and promises to get a full time job but never has. What are my options.
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2008, 02:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MLWilliams
    I live in Texas. Have a adult daughter that has lived with me for many years without paying any rent, utilities, food, etc. I am very tired of her emotional abuse and disrespect. How do I get her to leave my home. I am 71 years old and cannot handle all the stress. She works partime and promises to get a full time job but never has. What are my options.

Evict her - that's just about your only option.
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2008, 02:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MLWilliams
    Give her 30 days notice because she should not be abusing you in any form nor disrespecting you. She should be out in the real world and paying bills and not living with you and giving you crap and treating you as such.
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2008, 02:51 PM
    #31, 32, 33 different question might make it easier to separate threads
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2008, 03:04 PM
    Texas law is: How long does it take to evict someone in Texas?

From start to finish approximately three weeks.

3 days from notice to vacate to filing of suit
    8-10 days to serve the citation- The law requires the defendant have six days notice before the hearing.
    5 days to appeal the suit following the hearing required by law.
    2 days- The Constable is required by law to post a 24 hour vacate notice on the Writ of Possession
    20-23 days is the minimum amount of time to evict someone in any County in Texas. It must also be noted that any eviction suit is subject to appeal to the County Courts-at-Law.

There is a faster procedure but I believe you have to post a bond.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to live with my mom but when can I [ 1 Answers ]

well I am going to be 16 and my parents have joint custody. when can I live with my mom with out going to go see my dad. he just doesn’t treat me right and I am done. so can i leave at 16?:(

Should I get rid of my live in boyfriend [ 1 Answers ]

Hi have been with him for 9 year's and he is still living of me. I have a disabled son he's 10. And he will not help with anything. Any money he makes he keeps to himself, he plays out still and he's 44. Its always my mate my mates. He lives on his computer while I do the shopping the house work...

M18 want to marry my 1st love/boyfriend .how to tell my parents? [ 3 Answers ]

I just turned 18 I never had a real boyfriend cause I was never allowed to see people they disapprove of dating and stuff, m arabian my parent sent me here (u.s) to get into med school and become a doctor they always wanted me to focus on nothing but books and career and forget about living life....

Ma best want to be ma boyfriend [ 1 Answers ]

Me an my best friend have been friends since we were Poopin in pull ups... now he want to become more than friends Something lyk boyfriends... what should I do?? :confused: :(

View more questions Search