Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    koqtpie Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2008, 08:47 AM
    To dark hair
    I went to a salon and had my hair done and it looks grey. It looks really bad! I had gold hair with light blonde high lights and she weaved my have and dyed the hair in between now I have black hair with platinum highlight and it looks grey I don't have the money to go back and she won't fix it. Is there something I can use to remove the dark?Can I take out the dark and put on a toner the platinm streaks look almost blue she left it on for to long!
    pdaher Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2008, 12:02 PM
    I would call the salon and talk to the manager. I think its bad business to refuse to make corrections when customers are not happy. If they won't fix it, you might try Clairol's new product Perfect 10. It works in 10 minutes. You're hair will be all one color again, but after a few weeks when your hair calms down, you can get it streaked again somewhere else.

Jul 17, 2008, 03:44 PM
    I did, I called and asked for the owner she said sorry there isn't anything we can do but maybe a complimentary conditioner. My hair was very orange from bleaching it myself is that what color it will take it back to? The woman who did my hair told me to use blue shampoo but won't that make my streaks more blue? I really appreciate your help! Thank you
    pdaher Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2008, 08:25 AM
    I don't think blue shampoo or toners will calm that orange color down enough. I would go to a different salon or use a product like that Clairol Perfect 10 to cover it. I would also consider reporting the salon that did this to you to the Better Business Bureau or at least never returning to them. You're not getting your money's worth there and if they don't back their service, they may be in for a lawsuit someday.
    jenn4094u Posts: 128, Reputation: 6

Jul 19, 2008, 08:09 AM
    Firstly, more color (especially over the counter) is Not a good idea at all... You are really backed in a corner. You have already over processed your hair greatly so you have to be careful no matter what you try... One thing that may help a little... put a tablespoon of baking soda in your shampoo and let it sit on your hair for 10 minutes. Do this a couple times a day for a few days first. This may help remove some of the harsh dark color. The problem is that she used the wrong color and now it's got that blue grey tone because of it. Please don't put more bleach on you hair... it is probably already hydrolized and you will ruin it. After trying the baking soda for a few days to get out as much color as you can you can put on a semi permanent color to give the highlights a little color and at least make it not look grey... let me know if you need help with what to buy...

Jul 19, 2008, 12:11 PM
    Thank you so much for taking the time to help me. I have been washing it 2 times a day and using k pak so it doesn't get to dry and it is getting lighter but my platinum streaks still have a blue tint to them I think that's what bothers me the most. About 2 inches of my roots are brassy then they turn black and my streaks are platinum with a hint of blue.

Jul 19, 2008, 06:36 PM
    OK, so basically where she put the black streaks the roots are orange?

Jul 19, 2008, 07:27 PM
    Yea but that I can handle the orange is nothing new lol but I don't know what to do about the blue it hasn't change at all it's not going away. After the second time I washed my hair today with the baking soda it looked a lot better it now has a purple tint to it my hubby keeps calling me rainbow bright hair.

Jul 21, 2008, 08:17 PM
    Keep doing it A couple times a day until it's gone, then you can put a toner on the blonde so it looks more natural... just takes time to do it without ruining your hair sweetie!
    gams1974 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2008, 08:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by koqtpie
    I went to a salon and had my hair done and it looks grey. It looks really bad! I had gold hair with light blonde high lights and she weaved my have and dyed the hair in between now I have black hair with platinum highlight and it looks grey I dont have the money to go back and she wont fix it. Is there something i can use to remove the dark?Can I take out the dark and put on a toner the platinm streaks look almost blue she left it on for to long!
    Why won't the lady redo your hair if you were not satisfied? I would go back and tell her about the customer satisfaction and that a bad compliment is always worse than a good compliment. And you shouldn't be afraid to tell her you were not happy. If all else fails, get a box of hair color that matches your roots, using plastic gloves, apply to the ends first, and work your way towards the roots. I would wait a week after the orignal process before doing so. And before coloring, get a conditioning mask from the store, or, may sound gross, use mayo, and condition hair 1 day before your color. And do NOT wash hair. You want to use your natural oil to let the color stick. Good luck!

Jul 28, 2008, 07:08 PM
    Please don't listen to the last entry of advice... those are actually all the wrong things to do! Is it getting any better?

Jul 28, 2008, 10:39 PM
    Yes thanks for asking the dark is getting much better but it still looks grey because my platinum are still blue do you think it's been long enough now that I can do something with them?

Jul 29, 2008, 02:38 PM
    Yes, if you use a semi permanent color so you don't cause more damage . If you have a beauty supply store, you will want to go in and ask them to help you choose a semi or demi permanent color with a warm neutral base and the appropriate developer, same level that you are now so it doesn't go darker... mix according to directions and apply, leave on 10 to 30 minutes and shampoo out. It may be a little more gold than you really want it but it's better that silver grey! This , too, shall fade! Remember to keep up your reconstructing treatments to restrengthen your hair... good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

Dark brown hair dye turned my hair red! [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, well I wanted to dye my hair dark brown, and it came out a deep red, that was lighter red at the roots. I had it dyed to ash brown (my natural color) and if faded in about 3 days. So 2 weeks later my hair was red again so I got it dyed ash brown again. And after a few days it started fading,...

How do I lighten my dark dark "brown" dyed hair? [ 1 Answers ]

I have had my hair dyed 2 times before, and I tried to go for a lighter brown then my natural colour (medium brown) and each time it turned orange after a couple of weeks. Last night I went to get my hair dyed again, and I wanted a darker brown, so my hair would not turn orange. When my hair was...

Hair Dye Trauma-Hair turned way too dark [ 5 Answers ]

I naturally have darkish brown hair that gets lighter in the summer, then I got highlights, and one time bleach was used. I decided I didn't want so much maintenance, so I decided to dye it back to my natural color. However, the color now is SO dark, and I hate it! I bought a clarifying shampoo and...

Fixing hair color on dark hair? [ 2 Answers ]

I have caramel and ash brown highlights on black hair and wanted to touch up the roots myself... unfortunately, when I used a box of medium ash brown hair dye, it made my roots look a little reddish brown (very slight on the reddish). I also covered too much so it looks like the top of my head is...

View more questions Search