Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vikz23 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2008, 08:36 AM
    When Do I Wean My Cats Kittens?
    Hi my cat had kittens two and a half weeks ago and I was wondering when they will need weaning onto solid food? If anyone can help I would be very grateful. Thank you :)
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2008, 08:40 AM
    AT 3 weeks you can begin to offer a little softened food. The mom will wean them when the time is right.

Please consider spaying her... our world has too many cats/kittens in need of homes.

Jul 16, 2008, 08:44 AM
    Thanks do I just use normal kitten food I was going to put it down for them and let mum sort them out. I will not be spaying her I work closely with a local cats home myself and foster many till they find homes. She had 4 and all have got good homes waiting for them. Thanks for the quick respaonce
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2008, 11:00 AM
    The last kittens I fostered... I just used water moistened kitten chow.
    In youtr post you said you would not be spaying her, why would you not spay her , surely the cat home that you are working with is like the ones in my area, over filled. MY friend is currently fostering 4 cats in addition to her 4. She has had 2 for over a year, 1 for about 6 months and one for 2 months... the groups that I have worked with that is the first thing they do is spay and neuter.

Jul 19, 2008, 01:18 AM
    Thanks for the help I put some kitten food out soaked in water last night and 2 of them have started to nibble.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have two cats one just had kittens, will my other cat hurt the new babies [ 4 Answers ]

I have two cats, one of my cats just had babies, will the other cat try to hurt them. Should I keep my other cat away

Why are my two mother cats eating their kittens? [ 15 Answers ]

We have had these two female barn cats which have had a few litters. We noticed a couple missing yesterday and today my husband found the mothers had moved them and were eating them. We thankfully saved the rest but I am really confused as to why they would do this. They are healthy one litter...

Can a pregnant cat nurse another cats kittens? [ 1 Answers ]

My cat had kittens and I think she abounded them. I have another cat that is pregnant. She hears them in the house, so she sits down by the door wanting in. I don't know if I could put in with them. I don't know is can nurse them.

Cats and kittens [ 3 Answers ]

How can you tell when a cat has had kittens? What I mean is I recently got a 5 maybe 6 Year old cat from catflap and wondered if she has had kittens -

Introducing cats to kittens [ 1 Answers ]

I've got two 6month old ragdoll kittens a boy and a girl we've just introduced a two year old adult ragdoll cat female the adult is getting on OK with me but not with the kittens she hisses at them when they come near herbut they haven't had a fight have you got any ideas that might get them along...

View more questions Search