Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GLASSHAPHMT Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2008, 06:39 AM
    Live music event promotion idea
    I see great opportunity for a live music event in my area, but I'm not sure how to get it started, or where to start. Is there anyone out there in concert promotion that could give me some advice?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2008, 06:47 AM
    I know you have to find a place where you want to hold a concert, then check about permits and regulations,
    Then you contact the groups you want and put it together.
    That is basically how Woodstock got started.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2008, 02:54 AM
    What kind of live music is it that you are wanting to promote, please? I direct a group where I am located that I have to promote concerning concerts. There are a number of ways that you could promote a group, or groups, but it would help to know exactly what kind of music it is that you are trying to promote.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2008, 04:58 AM
    Yeah and what state do you live in too?
    I know some really good local bands.
    If you are in a state near mine I could help with a lot of ideas
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 17, 2008, 05:01 AM
    Nothing better than a good polka concert But yes often you find and arrange a place, then contact the groups and bands, then do advertising by various methods.
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2008, 05:03 AM
    I like blues, modern jazz, cajun, reggae and rock best.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2008, 05:06 AM
    For promotional ideas, why don't you do a myspace event or a Facebook event and open it to the public? Just a thought... :)

Posters always work (in Starbucks, food stores, trendy clothes shoppes, malls, etc)
    GLASSHAPHMT Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2008, 07:19 AM
    My idea is to have local artists in TN ( rock, hip hop, DJ's, reggae, country, acoustic, etc. in like a pub crawl style event, at different bars and clubs around town. Im still working out all the details, and trying to get an idea on how much funding it will take to get it going. If every thing goes right I am planning on next year spring time.
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2008, 07:22 AM
    The bars where I live pay the groups for playing there but the groups and the bar do their own agreements without a promotional person.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Promotion without pay [ 8 Answers ]

I have been promoted and have been performing higher responsibilities for 4 years, for the past four years Performance Evaluation I got were excellent. There are 3 levels of pay range categories base on responsibilities and knowledge. Is there a LAW governs this PROMOTION WITHOUT PAY

Promotion, employer requires live scan [ 4 Answers ]

HI To All, Here's some detail about my history, 3 yrs ago, I was caught of theft on employment. The police was called, came and asked me questions, took my id info down but did not booked me nor fingerprint me. About 1 month later, I received a letter from the county court and I...

What type of music is the Opening Theme Song of Saturday Night Live considered? [ 1 Answers ]

I have had this question on my mind recently. I'm looking for the type of music (live upbeat Jazz) that is evident in the modern version of Saturday Night Live. Also, I would like to know some other artists (if possible) in the music genre. I'm really starting to love the vibrant energy in this...

Rerouting pipes in 12 unit condo building? Good idea or bad idea [ 2 Answers ]

Is it a good idea to reroute pipes for a 12 unit building rather then take the chance of digging up concrete parking lot and plumber not finding where break in clay pipe is? If there is a break in the pipe at all how can you put a liner in if you can't see?? I personally think the plumber is lying...

View more questions Search