Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daveleo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2008, 12:36 AM
    Renters rights on foreclosures
    I moved in this house in February 1st, On April the owner came to the hose and told me that she had put the house back on the market, I was really upset because we had just moved in here.She promised me that we would live here for a longtime with my family.When I moved in here we never had a written lease it was all verbal agreement. My husbend painted this house. We really cleaned it up a lot . Especially the yards.when we found that she was selling this house we stopped doing a lot of things for the house.Now I found out that the house is in pre-foreclosure. And we need to move out fast. Because the house is suppose to go on auction soon and I really don't have the money enough to move out .like three weeks ago she decided to stop paying the trash. A week later she turned off our water. Then she came in the house while we were gone and changed the locks of the house and took my wedding ring.we called her and she admitted of taking the ring, when we finally said that we were going to make a report and called us right away and had us meet her to get the ring back she had a police officer with her. And it really surprises me of her actions because she's a correctional officer. And I don't know what to do because she tries to intimidate us because she's an officer. And she thinks that we are dumb. I don't know what to do please give me some kind of advice of what I should do.
    Thank you!
    DBmtgprocessor Posts: 37, Reputation: 4

Jul 16, 2008, 01:24 PM
    Contact an attorney

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Renters rights [ 3 Answers ]

I am renting a house that is going into foreclosure what are my rights as a tenant?

Renters rights [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I and our child is being kicked to the curb for being late a week and an half. What is our rights and what do we need to do? We told him that we could pay him that in 2 weeks, we could see what we could do and get it before that. My wife told him that she wasn't going to lose our son...

Researching pre-foreclosures & tax lien foreclosures sales [ 3 Answers ]

How do I research a pre-foreclosure, notice of defaults or tax lien foreclosures at the county courthouse? And how do I know if there is going to be a tax lien foreclosure sale on a certain property? I went to the courthouse to do research, and they sent me to the register of deeds to do my...

Renters rights [ 1 Answers ]

I have lived in the same place for 3years and now the owner is selling the property. What happens if the property is bought and I move, does the new owners pay me my deposit back that I paid to the old owner, or how does that work?

Renters rights [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am Tizzy from Missouri, what can I do if my landlord has sold my place right after I moved in and the soon to be new owner called me today and said I have until Friday to get out?

View more questions Search