Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sstokley Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2008, 09:16 PM
    My last name changed and need to update my deed
    Hello all! I recently changed my last name and because I generally like to be very organized, I just really want everything to be "neat and clean" so to speak and update everything. I have read many responses stating that it might as well just be left alone until you sell, however I would prefer not to.

Here is my question:

My partner and I own a house, and I changed my last name to his last name, and when we originally purchased the house from the home builder it was WITH rights of survivorship.

My question is, does anyone know how to file a quit claim deed with rights of survivorship? That is really important to me, thank you all for your help!
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Jul 16, 2008, 05:43 AM
    The deed should say: Jane Doe and John Smith, Sellers, to Jane Smith and John Smith (JTWROS), Buyers.

The best thing would be to have this handled by an attorney or title company. It won't be expensive and you'll know that it was done properly.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 16, 2008, 05:52 AM
    I will add that it costs very little to get an attorney ( or title company if you have them in your area) to print one up and it will be correct, since one little error can really mess things up
    DBmtgprocessor Posts: 37, Reputation: 4

Jul 16, 2008, 01:22 PM
    Title companies can't do deeds unless they are handling the transaction. It would need to be an attorney

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to update AVG antivirus Update to computer,which is not connect with internet [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Computer (No.A) is connected with internet. So I can get the update automatically. But, Computer (No.B, and No.C ) is not connect with internet. But we use the flash Drive and 3 1/2 Floppy disk. Without antivirus software, No.B & C can get the virus. Already having the antivirus software...

Special warranty deed and quit claim deed what are they? [ 6 Answers ]

What is the difference bewtween the two and what is the purpose?

F1 OPT to H1 - Changed companies, Changed States [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My situation is as follows: OPT with company 1 in Texas from Dec 10 2006 - September 30 2007 H1 with company 1 in Texas from Oct 1 2007 - Nov 15 2007 H1 with company 2 in Maryland from Nov 15 2007 till date. What tax forms do I fill? I also have state tax from company 2 since that...

Reversal of life estate deed using quit claim deed [ 2 Answers ]

Can a life estate deed be reversed if all remainders sign a quit claim deed in North Carolina?

Corrective Deed, New Quit Claim Deed, or See an Attorney? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a major problem with a quit claim deed that was done regarding my father's property. The intention was to put me in the deed but as an heir to the property, not as a co-owner or anything like that. So, a quit claim deed was filled out and recorded at the clerk of the circuit court. However,...

View more questions Search