Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heartlessblackcupid Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2008, 04:22 PM
    Game don't work
    I got a new game called prison tycoon 2 and when I installed it and pressed play it says direct3d rendered error then it goes to menu and you press play then it says its abtained a problem and must close how can I fixs this
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Jul 15, 2008, 06:25 PM
    General suggestions:
    • Look in the game's installation folder for a readme.txt file (may not be literally named readme.txt) containing notes and information about the game. Often known issues with specific video cards will be listed. See if there are any with yours.
    • Verify your computer meets the games minimum system requirements often listed on the box or the game's website.
    • Start a command prompt and issue the command "dxdiag" and let the tool's scan complete. Note the DirectX version on the System tab and confirm it is the same or greater than the version listed in the game's requirements. Check each tab for problems found.
    • Visit your computer manufacturer's web site and look for newer driver versions for your video card and install. You can also visit the web site of the manufacturer of the video card. As a general rule, for NVidia or ATI chipset based cards, I use the video card manufacturer drivers, otherwise I use the computer manufacturer's as they tend to customize a generic driver for their specific system.
    • Visit ValuSoft's Support Site and look for game updates, read known issues lists, search the knowledgebase for your error, or submit a support request.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Got game fixed and won't work [ 7 Answers ]

Hi my grand theft auto game for ps2 was left in the sun so I got it cleaned now it doesn't work it says game reads error then it says put in a playstation or playstation 2 game how do I fix it? :confused:

ERROR! Game don't work [ 7 Answers ]

My games grand theft auto was just fixed and now it reads error y?? __________________

Laws on husbands that don't work! [ 10 Answers ]

New Member Join Date: Aug 2007 Posts: 16 Husband don't work,, I have been married to a man for 19yrs he was in the united states navy for 9 yrs he was medcialy discharged on 0 percent, ever since then he was put on meds for depression, add, bipolar, the bottom line is he doesn't work,,...

I don't know if its going to work :( [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend of two years have been through everything. I made so many mistakes and I seem never to learn from them. We fight every day about everything I did wrong. I dumped him 4 times for other guys and I never really cared about him or took this relatinoship seriously until about 6...

Will crack down the game work with my television [ 1 Answers ]

Will the xbox 360 game:Crack down work on my television: FERGUSON M 3610 U

View more questions Search