Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    M Andres Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2008, 02:22 PM
    Private Disability and Means test
    Hello
    I am considering Bankruptcy and was wanting to know if Long term Private Disability
    Monthly income is figured into the Means test to possibly not qualify. I know that it is
    Exempt but not sure what that means.
    Thanks, M
    TheCleaner Posts: 152, Reputation: 3

Jul 15, 2008, 03:30 PM
    Since nobody else got this one I'll try to give an answer...

I think it deppends on what kind of disability payment you get, the amount and state laws I should check it out in lawfind to be sure but I believe that they can garnish a portion of you private disability payments if the amount you get is big enough and/or you live in the wrong state.

The means test benefits are untouchable, that is tipically Suplemental Security Income from the government SSI and I think also Medicare disability payments

Carl.-

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Private disability benefits/judgement [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I live in Arizona Can someone tell me if a judgement can be put against my private disability benefits. I am single and this is my only income. Thanks

Should I file for s.s. Disability when I have private long-term disability insurance? [ 1 Answers ]

I will shortly begin collecting private long-term diability insurance to the tune of 60% of my former salary. Can I still apply for social security disability? If I do, would either or both of these be decreased?

Social Security Disability and illegitimate child and paternity test [ 2 Answers ]

If a man is on Social Security Disability benefits for years, fathers a child out of wedlock (baby only due to be born next month), is the child eligible for any payments based on the fact that the father is receiving SSD benefits monthly? Will Social Security require a paternity test to prove the...

Garnishments in Ohio of private disability payments [ 8 Answers ]

I believe I have a winnable case against an EX. My question is can I garnish her private disability payments. She was working for a company when she was diagnosed with Lupis and went on full disability. The company she was working for had private disability insurance, my understanding this isn't...

View more questions Search