Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fia Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2006, 08:08 AM
    Pain in the arm...
    Hi,
    I wanted to ask that my dad got a pain in his arm from 3 weeks he have seen many doctors but can't get any relief plzz help.. doctorz says that this is a muscle pain.. they gave some gel for agaist pain but there no improvement in the pain its same as it was on first day.. can any body sugguest what kind of pain it is.. and what to do... thanx GOD BLESS U...
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2006, 08:19 AM
    Pain is a response to an abnormal stimulus,in other words the pain is a result of some reason. I had pain down the complete arm down to certain finger tips.

An MRI found that I had a pinched nerve in my neck, and was corrected by surgery by cutting the front of my throat just above the left collar bone, they cut through and push all the tissue over to get to the front of the vertebrates in the neck, and snip off the bulging disk material, which took the pressure off the nerve.

To keep the vertebrate spread apart, because the cushioning disks have been compressed, a small metal plate was screwed to three vertebrate as a permenent separator.

The pain in the arm can be caused by any one of several reasons, strain, pinched nerve, blunt trauma, and probably many other reasons.

Need to find a doctor that will investigate the cause of the pain, and not just state that is is "muscle pain". Your Dad did not need a doctor just for that.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2006, 09:18 AM
    Hi, fia,
    The answer before mine is very good.
    I, too, suggest an MRI, but it can only be requested by another doctor. He needs to see a different doctor. Also, a doctor might take an X-Ray, if not already. It's possible it could be an arthritic spur; a calcium formation, which would show up on an X-Ray.
    I do wish you Dad the best.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hip Pain [ 3 Answers ]

I have been experiencing mild internal pain on right side around hip. My family Doc has done blood and other prelim tests including ultrasound and found nothing alarming. After 2 months it seems it is showing up again with constant pain increasing while coughing, changing position etc. Want to...

Hip Pain [ 9 Answers ]

:mad: I have hip pain and walk with a cane.My MD tells me I will need a operation. He told me to lose 50 pounds and have the operation next year. My problem is the pain medication no longer works.He tells me if he gives me anything stronger I would be addicted to drugs. I hope I can find can a...

Pain after sex [ 3 Answers ]

I'm married, have no kids, and have been having sex now for two and a half years. Up until about 3 months ago, the sex was great, with no pain at all. Then, I would notice that after sex, the inside of my vagina would hurt. Also, the outer area of my vagina swells after sex. I can only have sex...

Pain after sex [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering why I get horrible pain after being fingered by my b/f ?

Pain: [ 5 Answers ]

What has God done to deal with the evil and pain of the world? HANK :(

View more questions Search