Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kg_baller Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2008, 11:19 AM
    1-year Master's degree
    Hey, does anyone know of any good 1 year Master programs available in an Ivy League school. I am desperate for some research and analytical experience in any field, preferably in health.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 22, 2008, 11:15 PM
    A 1 year Masters Degree? Have you finished your prerequisites? Got an Associates degree yet?
    kg_baller Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2008, 11:12 PM
    I have an undergraduate degree in Life Sciences. I doubt I have sufficient prereqs for some of the programs, but I just wanted to know if there were any 1 year Master's degree available so I can get that, and apply to medical school after.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 26, 2008, 11:01 AM
    Sorry to say that you cannot get a masters in one year, with or without the prerequisites. On top of applying to medical school, you will have to take more courses, and most of Life Sciences courses probably will not transfer.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Aug 15, 2008, 07:06 AM
    Cornell University offers 1-year professional degrees in fields such as engineering, architecture, and real estate. This is not quite the same as a true Master's Degree, and is intended for people planning to practice their discipline directly after graduation. For all regular master's degrees there aren't too many hard & fast requirements, because the determination of whether you've satisfied the requirements for the degree depend on the evaluation of a committee. In general you should plan on 2 - 3 years to complete all requirements.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wanting to take get my master's in history [ 3 Answers ]

I'm looking to get my master's in history... currently I'm a teacher with an education degree but my love is history... however I just don't want to teach so I was wondering if anyone knows what all options I would have and is it worth it financially because I could get my master's in...

Master's in Ancient History or Education [ 1 Answers ]

Would like to teach Junior High School to High School History. I have a Bachelor's in Legal Studies, a Bachelor's in Ancient Greek and Latin, and am about to apply for a Master's in Ancient History. My question is should I forego the Master's in Ancient History for one in Education in order to be...

Avoiding "degree mills", seeking real degree! [ 9 Answers ]

I started as an education major in the State University of NY Oswego. I made an unusual, and perhaps unwise decision to put my learning in first place, and made no efforts to get a degree. I read "Pedagogy of the Oppressed" by Ivan Illich, and got turned on to his untraditional, radical approach to...

View more questions Search