Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shell_Lee Posts: 83, Reputation: 10

Jul 15, 2008, 10:16 AM
    Child Support Lien Docket
    The county that I live put a lien on my son's birth father for real and titled personal property for back child support owed to me. BF and his wife are now in the process of getting a divorce. They own a town house together, but I do know that the wife put the down payment on it and has been paying the mortgage on it. I also know that she will want the town house out of all this. Will this lien on BF affect their divorce?

I have no contact with either of the two so I can not discuss this with them.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2008, 10:21 AM
    Since they own it together most likely if she goes to sell it or the Judge says they have to sell it and split the money his half should go to pay on the lien.
    It is possible if she proves she put the majority of the money into it he may get less than an even split.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Support Lien - Texas [ 2 Answers ]

I currently have a lien on my ex husband's credit for a small portion of the child support. This lien was filed by my then attorney. Since that time our son has turned 18 and I wish to renew the lien for the full amount. Per the certified notice from the Child Support Office, the amount is now...

Release of Child Support Lien [ 2 Answers ]

I received a release of lien in June 2005. However, it was never recorded in the county courthouse. State of Colorado has now levied my bank account. They say they have a valid lien, but refuse to explain the release that I have. Frankly, they are very indignant and will not attempt to explain...

Child Support Lien [ 1 Answers ]

How do I go about filing a Child Support Lien in Texas? The amount owed in arreage is over $10,000. Thank you.

What is a release of child support lien? [ 1 Answers ]

What is a release of child support lien?

Lien - back child support [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My daughters father has a fairly large sum in back child support and is most likely going to lose his house to foreclosure. He had some cement work done, claims he paid for it, but the guy who did the work is suing him and has put a lien on the house. Would it be in my best interest to also...

View more questions Search