Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    timothycharran Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2008, 09:02 AM
    Disadvantages/ Advantages of MBA
    I have over 3 years Management experience which is the requirement to pursue a MBA. The job position that I have has little more room for advancement since I work closely with the owner of the organisation. Do you think there are any advantages of pursuing this MBA?
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2008, 09:09 AM
    Potentially... having an MBA obviously has its benefits, as you can move up in the work force and get better paying jobs (not necessarily at your job, but somewhere else)... although as it's obvious, it's another year in school.

To be blunt, if you're happy with your current position, and you feel relatively secure with it, then why not just stick around?

But in today's market... nothing's secure.
    bulksalty Posts: 31, Reputation: 3

Feb 11, 2010, 12:57 PM

The only major advantages I can think of for obtaining an MBA, if you hope to stay in your current position, would be because of the new knowledge and contacts you obtained (at a pretty significant cost normally) you now have additional job opportunities available to you, so you can demand a better compensation package.

If you think that's unlikely, there isn't much reason to pay (in money and time) for a degree that probably won't be too useful. If there are skills you'd consider important, (in a specific subject), it will be far more cost effective to get training in those skills rather than learn all the general stuff that doesn't apply to your position.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Advantages and Disadvantages [ 1 Answers ]

What are some advantages and disadvantages of GDP (Gross Domestic Product)?:confused:

Union advantages and disadvantages [ 2 Answers ]

What are the advantages and disadvantages of being a union member?

Advantages and disadvantages of Sponsorship [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know about the advantages and disadvantages of sponsorship? And why is important to businesses?

Advantages and disadvantages [ 7 Answers ]

What are the advantages and disadvantages of being a union member

What are some advantages and disadvantages in powerpoin? [ 3 Answers ]

What are some advantage and disadvantages when using powerpoint as far as slide templates, clipart, slide layouts, color and animation schemes?

View more questions Search