Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yetislayer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2008, 08:44 AM
    How to correctly hook up TV, Satellite, VCR, DVD Player, and RF Modulator.
    I am currently trying to hook up a small TV with only one coaxial plug on the back with a DVD player, a VCR, a Satellite Receiver, and I also have an RF modulator to aid me on this quest. I have two A/V cables, and I three coaxial/rf cables. Is there any way I can hook up all of these things and utilize them all?
    Right now I am uploading pictures of the following, so if you want to see any of those to and think you can help me, please let me know. Thanks.

TV Front
    TV Back
    RF Modulator Back
    DVD Player Front
    DVD Player Back
    VCR Front
    VCR Back
    Satellite Receiver Front
    Satellite Receiver Back
    A/V Cables
    Coaxial Cable 1
    Coaxial Cable 2
    Coaxial Cable 3
    20anonymous08 Posts: 74, Reputation: 4

Jul 15, 2008, 09:00 AM
    You would need a switch box to connect all of these things to the TV. Otherwise the RF modulator will only connect one.
    yetislayer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2008, 09:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by yetislayer
    I am currently trying to hook up a small TV with only one coaxial plug on the back with a DVD player, a VCR, a Satellite Receiver, and I also have an RF modulator to aid me on this quest. I have two A/V cables, and I three coaxial/rf cables. Is there any way I can hook up all of these things and utilize them all?
    Right now I am uploading pictures of the following, so if you want to see any of those to and think you can help me, please let me know. Thanks.

TV Front
    TV Back
    RF Modulator Back
    DVD Player Front
    DVD Player Back
    VCR Front
    VCR Back
    Satellite Receiver Front
    Satellite Receiver Back
    A/V Cables
    Coaxial Cable 1
    Coaxial Cable 2
    Coaxial Cable 3
    What's a switch box? My rf modulator has a 3/4 channel switch thing... and I once was able to figure this out and was able to connect all of these devices perfectly
    20anonymous08 Posts: 74, Reputation: 4

Jul 15, 2008, 09:43 AM
    The 3/4 switch on your Rf box is only to select which channel on your TV you prefer to use. Well a switch box has multiple connections so you can connect several different things into and just press the numbered switches to 'toggle' between the various components.

But what you could do is connect the RF modulator from the 'out' port to the TV with coaxial cable. Then connect the satellite receiver into the RF modulator using the A/V cables. If your satellite receiver has 'In' ports you can connect the dvd player into the satellite box which is possibly how you had it before.

But that would leave out the vcr. I used to do tech support on setup of electronics and I don't see it as being possible to have ALL of these components connected at once except how I advised you above with a switch box.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

TV, VCR, DVD, and Satellite hook up. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Magnavox TV with a single input in the back. How do I hook up my RCA DVD and Satellite dish to utilize both? I only have the manual for the TV, and the book for the satellite only covers use of the remote. I also have a RF modulator if needed.

Satellite hook-up [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to hook up a satellite connection to my Panasonic DMREH50 then cable to my TV - need some help.:confused:

Hook up of Satellite,Tv,DVD recorder [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Toshiba 51 projection TV hooked up to a Star Choice Satellite system. I want to hook up a vcr & dvd recorder. I have s-system cables, component cables(red blue green) and rca (yellow red white) cables to do the hook up but cannot figure it out.I did have a dvd/vhs recorder combo unit...

Hook up dish satellite, vcr, dvd player/recorder and TV [ 1 Answers ]

How do I connect dish satellite, a vcr, a dvd player/recorder to my TV so I can play dvds and transfer vcr contents to dvds. I need help with the terminology on the in and outputs and what kind of cables.

Hook up od VCR and DVD player to Starchoice satellite [ 1 Answers ]

I have gotten Starchoice and I have a dvd and vcr player. They installed Sterchoice but not my vcr and dvd. I only have 1 place in the back of my TV, vcr, and dvd player to put rca cbbles but I don't know how to put them.

View more questions Search