Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pmonica Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2008, 07:05 AM
    Criado,

Since production costs are rising compared to previous periods, is it safe to say that FiFo is being used in the inventory account?

pmonica

Jul 20, 2008, 07:10 AM
    Since the current cost of producing one lovesaet is higher than previous periods, is it safe to assume that FIFO is being used in the inventory account?
    Criado Posts: 142, Reputation: 15

Jul 20, 2008, 07:57 AM
    There can be an EXACT answer for this but I just can't get it for some reason that's why I wish to request you to re-post the original question including all of supplimentary information to make sure of our final conclusion.

But here's a quick guide. If Cost of one loveseat (ending) is equal to Cost of One seat (currently manufactured), then we are very certain that FIFO is being used (atleast to this problem).

In this problem, we are certain that it is not FIFO because:

Cost of one loveseat (ending) = $285
    Cost of One seat (currently manufactured) = $326

Therefore, it has more inclination to LIFO and no possibility that FIFO was used.

Jul 20, 2008, 04:02 PM
    Criado,

Sadly, there is no other information on this particular problem so I will choose LIFO and explain my thinking to the professor. Hopefully, he will accept that.

Once again, thanks for your help this week.

I have no idea what my assignment for next week will be like but I will definitely keep in touch again soon.

Have a great weekend,

pmonica
    Criado Posts: 142, Reputation: 15

Jul 20, 2008, 05:02 PM
    Thanks Pmonica!

Good luck and have a great weekend too. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Schedule Cost of goods manufactured and cost of goods sold [ 10 Answers ]

I am taking my first class in Accounting and I am having difficulties with my homework. I have the following problem, that I have done in several ways and I always get an answer that is greater that the correct one. These are the figures (in thousands of dollars): Direct Labor Cost: $10,500...

Need help with cost of goods manufactured [ 1 Answers ]

B3 Company is a manufacturing firm that uses job-order costing. The company's inventory balances were as follows at the beginning and end of the year: Beginning Ending Balance Balance Raw materials $26,000 $31,000 Work in process 77,000 59,000 Finished goods 124,000 139,000...

Cost of goods manufactured [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I'm having some problems w/my homework. This is my last trimester and I want to make sure to pass my subject. Pena manufacturing company presented the following data: 1. cost of goods manufactured and cost of goods sold were P373,000 and P300,000 respectively 2. Purchases of raw materials...

View more questions Search