Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    04091985 Posts: 86, Reputation: 2

Jul 15, 2008, 01:46 AM
    Office 2000 outlook .pst exceeded
    Hi,

My pst had exceeded over 2gb and the office got hanged. So took the backup and used a tool PST2GB which I got in the Microsoft site and deleted about 30 mb file size using that tool and then repaired the scanned tool us SCANPST.EXE . Now the problem is that I installed office 2003 and tried to import the repaired pst file its saying that its incompatible. If I install the office 2000 again will it help me out.:confused:
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jul 15, 2008, 04:55 AM
    Two Ways to import Outlook 2000 PST into Outlook 2003
    You didn't say how you tried to use the PST so make sure you try both ways:
    1. OPEN PST directly from within Outlook2003
      • Click on FILE > OPEN > OUTLOOK DATA FILE
      • Navigate to the old PST and select it
      • Click OK
      • The old PST is now open in the left Folder List as a main menu of its own
      • Drag and drop the old emails and contact from the old PST into the new one that should've already been open
      • Close the old PST when you're done copying
        • Right-click on the old PST folder you opened in the left Folder List
        • Select CLOSE "Personal Folders" from the context menu ( the "personal folder" may have a different name, you know which one it is )
        • You now have your old emails in your new PST which is required because the old PST still had the 2BG file limitation. The new PSTs are in Unicode format and allow up to 20GB
    2. Do an "import" directly into your new PST/Outllok 2003
      • Click on FILE > IMPORT
      • Select IMPORT FROM ANOTHER PROGRAM OR FILE then NEXT
      • Select PERSONAL FOLDER FILE then NEXT
      • BROWSE to locate your PST and OPEN it
      • Under Option select your preferred handling of duplicates
      • Click NEXT
      • Confirm which folder you want to import and check off INCLUDE SUBFOLDERS
      • Select FINISH and your data should get imported

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Office 2007 asks for Office 2000 installation discs [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all. I used to run Office 2000 but uninstalled it and installed Office 2007. When I run the Spell Checker it does not function. When I try to run it, The computer tries to install it and then asks for the Office 2000 Installation disks. I insert the Office 2000 disks but then it...

Office outlook [ 4 Answers ]

Is it possible to backup several email account setting from one computer with outlook on it then import it into another computer will outlook on it... I have many email accounts and it would be easier then typing in all the details Thanks

Exporting my Calender from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2000 [ 2 Answers ]

I'm hoping someone can help me :) I've been wanting to export my outlook 2003 calender to my outlook 2000. I have researched some topics and found this... Create a new personal folder Outlook 2000 compatible PST file by clicking: File New Outlook Data File Create an Outlook 97 - 2002...

Office 2003 vs office 2000 [ 1 Answers ]

OK, so my new tablet laptop has a 3-month free trial for MS Office 2003... my ? Is, if I create a bunch of documents in Office 2003, will I still be able to work/edit them in Office 2000 once the 3-month trial of Office 2003 is over?

Office 2000 SR-1 Premium [ 1 Answers ]

When trying to open Windows 2000 Office I receive an error message saying that the computer is trying to install Windows 2000 office SR-1 Premium. It tries to install, then fails, but the program still runs, and documents can still be viewed, printed, etc. Now it's asking for the Windows Office...

View more questions Search