Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2008, 03:07 AM
    Hey

Wow, I didn't mean to stir up the pot, OK people let us play nicely, branco why such negitivity towards this lady amber what has she done to you. Just curieous.

lighterrr
    RedDiamond Posts: 359, Reputation: 9

Jul 28, 2008, 09:22 AM
    I figure all the forums I've been through don't always make it because members fall out with one another. Please, be nice to one another. We are all sharing our experiences and getting answers that are hard to find. I actually like you AMHD.
    Gr8stuff Posts: 197, Reputation: 8

Jul 28, 2008, 03:06 PM
    I don't know what you guys are fighting for; when everyone's goal here is the same... :confused: NVM...

And BTW, the benzyl does work... I read all sort of crap about it here and didn't order sooner... :rolleyes: I've used it for 16 days and very happy with the results so far... :p

Jul 28, 2008, 08:25 PM
    Thank you and well said. High five. Results? Hmmm, what was your before color like? What's your goal color hun?
    Ackja Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2008, 08:38 PM
    Hey, Gr8Stuff, I remember you said that you were experimenting with Alpha-Arbutin. How effective was it, and where did you acquire it from?
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2008, 05:25 AM
    Hey guys

I am glad that you are getting results from the benzyl, but alpha arbutin is said to work and be as effective as mono, arbutin in low dosages can be found in many cosmetics if you are looking for the raw powder do a Google search and stay away from the chinese they are usually scammers.

lighterrr
    barry101 Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Jul 29, 2008, 08:58 AM
    It took me well over two weeks to get my order from herbalinn. The shipping fee is $10 or $15. Ridiculous.

Jul 29, 2008, 09:07 AM
    Barry101,

Please keep us updates on your results from ba. I would love to hear how it goes. What's you current color like?

Jul 29, 2008, 09:53 AM
    Yes I did experience with AA 2% for 4 weeks but it didn't have any great results; just a slight evening out. I tried 10% AA but it burns so bad I had to wash it off as soon as I applied it:mad:.. I tried 5% but it still irritated my skin; I broke out after the first use; had to stop using it... After a couple of week just using DS soap; I tried Benzyl Arbutin 5%; and was really surprised. It burns slightly but nothing like the AA. I'll start using BA 10% on my body because my face is too light compared to my body especially my back. I got the AA 2% cream on eBay and the powder from Garden of Wisdom.

RedDiamond, my starting color was medium olive, a bit like Eva Longoria but with uneven skin tone on my face and body. So far, my face has really cleared up and brighten up... my body still need to catch up... this is why I want to use 10% BA on my body and continue with the 5% on my face.

Barry, do let us know your experience with BA... What % are you using?

Jul 29, 2008, 09:58 AM
    Great results, Gr8stuff. I am happy you have found something that is working. Did you buy the powder to make your own or pre made ba? HOw long have you been using it? You skin color must be pretty now. I am reaching for olive so hopefully I can get there without any problems.

Jul 29, 2008, 10:11 AM
    Hi RedDiamond,

I've been using BA for only like 16 days; results was quick on my face, don't know if it's the DS soaps which kind of exfoliate the skin. I didn't buy the powder, instead I bought the 20% cream, and then mix it with 4 parts of Neutrogena lotion which kind of make it 5% BA... and I also added some retin a cream to it because I heard it helps with skin turnover. I mixed all together in a large bowl with a cake-mixer for like 2 minutes.
    barry101 Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Jul 29, 2008, 11:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDiamond
    Barry101,

Please keep us updates on your results from ba. I would love to hear how it goes. Whats you current color like?

I bought the powder and mixed it myself. I got good results from it. My skin is naturally white and I wanted to even it out in some places. I am happy with my results.
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2008, 02:38 PM
    Hey
    People BA I am still a skeptic, why is it that herbalin is the only one that sells it and its not on wikipedia weird, but congrats on your results

lighterrr
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2008, 03:00 PM
    Hey guys

Happy to hear you are pleased, but I can't find any info on wikipedia on benzyl arbutin, however there is a lot of stuff about alpha arbutin

Jul 29, 2008, 04:00 PM
    Actually, you can get BA powder from Sciencelab as well. AA might be just as good if not better. I was all for AA and did a lot of research on it too but unfortunately my skin is too sensitive and I had to opt for BA instead. And BA seems to be doing the trick, so no regrets atm.

Jul 29, 2008, 05:26 PM
    Gr8stuff, I don't see any BA powder on Sciencelab.
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2008, 10:18 AM
    HEY ACKJA

Save yourself the trouble look up benzyl arbutin on wikipidia,, hmmm no response don't you think its strange that herbaline is the only one that sells the product, goo figure ummmmm

Lighter

Jul 30, 2008, 10:20 AM
    Yes, Benzyl Arbutin obviously doesn't exist as a legitimate chemical, but what Herbalinn sells is obviously a skin lightener. Who cares if it has a made-up name, as long as it's safe and effective?
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2008, 01:13 AM
    Hi acka

I c well I am soooooo uncomforteble using something that was made up, but if that works for you good luck

lighterrr

Aug 4, 2008, 01:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ackja
    Gr8stuff, I don't see any BA powder on Sciencelab.
    Yes they do... you have to search by their chemical name which is "Benzyl 2-Acetamido-2-deoxy-alpha-D-glucopyranoside" or you may want to give them a call.

The only downside of sciencelab BA is the price... which is like 5g for $500 or something.. :eek:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Herbal Inn Fairness Cream [ 44 Answers ]

Has anyone used this product. I ordered and have been using for 3 days. There cream isn't a cream it is actually a lotion. I know creams tend to work better than lotions. I don't know why they have say its cream. But has anyone used it? And if so what are your results?

Herbal remedies [ 34 Answers ]

I am trying to incorporate herbs and supplements into my diet, for many the many health benefits I've been hearing about. Has anyone heard of, or tried a product called eyebright... or any other good herbal products for eye health? Also, are there any good herbal remedies for anxiety and/or...

Herbal Symptom Relief [ 1 Answers ]

I am currently suffering from a cough that is causing my voice to crack. I'm fairly certain (from those that have gotten this before me) that it is a cold, or some sort of viral infection, and thusly needs to run its coarse. What I am looking for is symptom relief. I don't like taking over the...

Herbal inn fairness cream [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I'm a new user. I was just wondering if any of you have had an experience with Herbal Inn's Fairness Cream? I've heard mixed reviews about it and wanted to know whether it's just a scam or if it's safe to use. I emailed them a couple of days ago and they still haven't replied, so now...

The usage for these herbal teas [ 1 Answers ]

Has any one heard of figura 1 tea? What does it do, What r the benefit from fennel and peppermint tea?

View more questions Search