Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chemibear2000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2008, 07:36 PM
    AC not turning on when it gets hot
    I have a programmable thermostat set to 77 F but, in the past two days, it has gotten well into the 80's and the heat pump is not kicking on. If I shut the stystem off and turn it back on a few minutes later, it will kick on fine.

Any ideas what might be going on?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 14, 2008, 10:04 PM
    Sounds like a thermostat problem

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tv turning off [ 2 Answers ]

My television turns off before the screen comes on. Is there anything I can do to fix the problem?

Why is the key not turning? [ 7 Answers ]

I went to leave work today and my ignition key would not turn. Does anyone know why this might be?

Fan keeps turning off. [ 3 Answers ]

I just bought an Aloha breeze ceiling fan and instaled it for the first time. I did it myself to save money. I was trying to go by the instructions but got confused with the remote. That's when I saw the helpful tip from this site. Anyway I finished installing it, but after awhile of running the...

TV keeps turning itself off - why? [ 8 Answers ]

I have had my TV for 3 years, over the last few days it turns itself off. This happens 2-3 times a day, about every 20mins or so. Is it telling me its on its last legs or does anyone think its worth repairing? Does anyone have any answers - caby2

Outside fan not turning [ 4 Answers ]

We have a ~10 yr old AG unit. Seven weeks ago, we noticed the outside unit was running, but the fan was not turning. Oil was added. That worked for several weeks. Last week, the fan stopped again. The tech replaced the fan motor this time. Now, 5 days later, the fan is not turning again. Could...

View more questions Search