Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sonador101 Posts: 298, Reputation: 14

Jul 14, 2008, 06:53 PM
    how to suppress the need to cuddle
    OK I am freaked, well not reallyjust confused. You see sometimes randomly all the sudden I want to cuddle someone, then I'll feel all alone, then I'll feel sad, sometimes I start crying. I really want somebody to hold me and take care of me, and then that's all I can think about, I start thinking of the perfect man and get sooo frustrated knowing he won't show up forever, and knowing I am too young to do anything romantic.
    thing is how do I suppress it, or fulfill the need. (no I have no boyfriends, dads not avalible for a hug) HELP! This is getting annoying! Help me
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2008, 07:50 PM
    Having a kitten who adores you can really help. I used to cuddle my kitten and tell him how lonely I felt. He always understood.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2008, 08:03 PM
    Sometimes a stuff animal (a large one) will suffice as well... and who says you need a hug from a boy, why not hug a good friend?

Jul 14, 2008, 08:06 PM
    Well its not the same, see I tried that and it didn't really quite clinch it, you know I'll try the stuffed animal I got a ton.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 14, 2008, 08:08 PM
    How about signing up to be a volunteer at an animal shelter? There you will find more unconditional love than you will know what to do with.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 14, 2008, 08:10 PM
    How about reaching out to people you see who are sitting alone or looking sad or crying or being unhappy and then bring joy into their lives? Only by losing yourself will you find yourself.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2008, 08:18 PM
    Sonador... do you think that it could be associated with PMS... I know it has been a little while since you have mentioned these longing feelings. PMS can take your feelings and intensify them, making a mountain out of a mole hill.
    I was raised without my father so I know you are having it rough on so many levels.

Jul 14, 2008, 08:26 PM
    Fist thanks you all great idea.
    Yeah these feelings are emphasized during PMS, but I feel them all through the month. But thank you guys cause even if I am exaggerating you have told me how to deal with it.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 14, 2008, 08:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonador101
    fist thanks you all great idea.
    yeah these feelings are emphasized during PMS, but i feel them all through the mounth. but thank you guys cause even if i am exagerating you have told me how to deal with it.
    You're welcome. Yes, we've given you ideas. Now, what is your plan?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2008, 10:28 AM
    I have been on my own for years and loved the independence but every now and then I would feel like I needed a hug. Other than a kitten, teddy bear and volunteer work, I would remind myself that there are people out there that are worse of than myself and many of them need and want a hug more than me. Not really a solution but it did get me through some lonelier times
    soccerchick28 Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Jul 16, 2008, 09:26 AM
    I agree what with most people said, get an oversized stuff animal.
    plonak Posts: 742, Reputation: 117

Jul 16, 2008, 11:05 AM
    You know, honestly, I think you're craving, (as everyone does but a lot of people ignore it) is a relationship with Jesus Christ... When I'm not close with him I feel a hole in my heart, that can't be filled any way.. not even a boyfriend..

He wants to be there for you and wants your love.. are you religious?

Jul 16, 2008, 11:12 AM
    Yes myfamily isreligious andi am getting there, and I do talk to hi,but I really think this is a harmonal thing.
    plonak Posts: 742, Reputation: 117

Jul 16, 2008, 11:51 AM
    OK well pray to Him that he helps with that hole that you feel.. just completely give yourself to Him and let Him take control and you will see your problem start to fade.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Men don't like to cuddle [ 26 Answers ]

I just read this article called the biggest sex mistakes people make (read the whole thing at msnbc.com and type the title in). One that irked me was about it being said that men don't want to cuddle after sex. My question is this : do men really hate to cuddle THAT bad I mean if you just had...

Durex 2 in 1 play suppress pregnancy rate ? [ 1 Answers ]

Does the Durex 2 in 1 play lower chances of a couple trying to conceive a baby??

Cuddle up [ 7 Answers ]

I justgot a new girlfriend about 1 month ago. I'm really scared to put my arm around her. Do you think now is the right time. Or what movement should I make 2 make her like me more

View more questions Search