Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    savedsinner7 Posts: 412, Reputation: 52

Jul 14, 2008, 03:59 PM
    2 timothy 2:24--for Christians
    2 Timothy 2:24
    A servant of the Lord must not quarrel but must be kind to everyone, be able to teach, and be patient with difficult people.

If you are a disciple of Christ and call yourself Christian, how do you justify the arguing of points? Doesn't the Word of God speak for itself? Why do we find the need to complicate things and grieve the Holy Spirit? Why can we not just let Holy Spirit do the work? I'm seeing so many ways that we interfere with the advancing of Christ's Kingdom by our actions. How can we get ourselves out of the way and let the King of Kings do His work through us?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2008, 04:45 PM
    Amen.

And related, 1 Peter 3:15:

Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.

Peace and Blessings to all who read on this thread.

Jul 14, 2008, 08:43 PM
    Ephesians 4:14-16 (New Living Translation)
    New Living Translation (NLT)
    14 Then we will no longer be immature like children. We won't be tossed and blown about by every wind of new teaching. We will not be influenced when people try to trick us with lies so clever they sound like the truth. 15 Instead, we will speak the truth in love, growing in every way more and more like Christ, who is the head of his body, the church. 16 He makes the whole body fit together perfectly. As each part does its own special work, it helps the other parts grow, so that the whole body is healthy and growing and full of love.

When our eyes are on the LORD God, we will do His will perfectly, for His Holy Spirit will work in and through us and His Kingdom will come. We must return our hearts to our Creator and worship Him with our lives, not just with words from our mouths. Our hearts must revere Him above all, and then we will see what He intends to do!

Jul 15, 2008, 04:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Credendovidis
    Don't you think that posting that - without reacting to my post - is showing some hypocrisy ?

:rolleyes:

·
    Nope. I copied and pasted from Biblegateway.com. I did not post this Question to debate. I'm here to encourage, inspire and hopefully ignite the Body of Christ into revival.
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2008, 05:22 AM
    I'm embarrassed to say I did not read the entire first post before replying.

Amen, indeed, to the passage... but arguing (discussing/debating, NOT bickering/quarreling) is important and good when done well.

Remember that some Christian doctrines (like the Trinity) were only arrived at after arguing.

... and in the case of the Trinity, arguing for centuries...
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2008, 05:37 AM
    Statements and Discussions are OK here. Elsewhere on the site the format is Questions. On these discussion boards, anything goes as long as it is not rude, crude, mean, attacking, bigoted, etc.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 15, 2008, 05:39 AM
    And remember we can not merely take one verse, often out of context as to who was being talked to and why, and remember verses where Christ called the temple priests a pit of vipers and where Christ also though out the money changers from the temple.

There are other parts of the bible that all work together for a whole, picking one verse is the way denomination issues happen, how christians often get off track and how non christians pretend to attack the true faith

Jul 15, 2008, 02:40 PM
    Did I miss something? A couple of replies are gone?

For clarification: I don't mean the ligitmate discussion of what the Word means, by arguing I was referring to the attacking of beliefs and theology. After all, we are all one body unified in Christ--just with different perspectives (kind of like the difference between what the hand, foot and ear might see!). Sometimes the only way to get a clear picture is for all parts to describe what they are seeing.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 15, 2008, 02:45 PM
    Yes some personal attacks were deleted as noted even discussion groups have limits

Jul 15, 2008, 04:42 PM
    OK. Thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Christians and catholics [ 27 Answers ]

Some people say that christians and catholics are very similar, but they do divide because of some major doctrinal issues. Such as mass or eucharist. Catholics believe that when we take communion that the wafer actually becomes the body of jesus and the wine or juice or whatever is used becomes...

80's made for TV movie starring timothy hutton [ 1 Answers ]

I can't for the life of me remember the name of this movie but it had timothy hutton in it he played the oldest of 4 kids and there mother took off and he was trying to keep them all together I think it was in the early 1980's

How should Christians worship God? [ 23 Answers ]

Do you view Christian worship as an activity only for Sunday and maybe a few special holidays? Perhaps as a formal set of actions and prayers repeated during a service in your house of worship? It's interesting that the Bible does not give a strict definition of worship. Although many view it...

View more questions Search