Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    7up Posts: 180, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2008, 03:48 PM
    Reinstalling backup files from cd
    I Have A Compaq Desktop Computer With Windows Xp.the Problem I Am Having Is Installing Files And Settings From A Cd. I Backed Up All Files And Folders And Settings To Cd's And Did A Full System Recovery,but I Can't Figure Out How To Put All The Files,folders,and Settings Back Into My Computer From The Cd's.so If Anyone Can Help I'd Be Grateful.

Thanks
    7up
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2008, 04:40 PM
    What program did you use to back up all your files and settings?

And I take it you used compaq's recovery disks?
    7up Posts: 180, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2008, 04:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by seahwk83
    what program did you use to back up all your files and settings?

and I take it you used compaq's recovery disks?
    I used norton 360 2.0verison to backup my files and settings and I used compaq recovery system that's installed in the computer,when you press f10 when you turn your computer on.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2008, 07:51 PM
    I have not used Norton, but I would assume as with other programs, you would have to install norton on the new install and then there would be a restore button somewhere within norton that would allow you to use the disks you created to restore your system back with those disks

You did notmention why you restored your system, but if for some reason you were having a problem with sonething and you used those disks to create backups, you might be putting the problem back to your PC with the recovery disks you have.. This all depends on your situation of course

Check this link for some restore options
    Backup with Symantec Norton 360 | Backup HowTo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Reinstalling deleted files [ 1 Answers ]

I made a mistake and deleted 2 files I get this error message.Cannot find a file device that may be needed to run windows or a windows application.Windows registry or system.ini. Files refer to this device file no longer exists .C:progra~1/symantec/symevnt.386. And the other one file is...

Backup files [ 1 Answers ]

I am running Windows XP Home on my Dell and I need to back up some files to CD. It has been so long since I've done it I can't remember how! Where is the back up program that allows you to pick which ones you want to send to CD? Thanks:confused:

Reinstalling window without backup disk? [ 4 Answers ]

I don't have a backup disk, is there anyway I can reinstall window without one ?

Unwanted backup(?) files/"ghost" files [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I have been getting these strange files that activate when I open Microsoft word documents. They are like shadow files. And also they appear in My Photo section too. Here is some information I have copied from the property boxes of the files. I have done virus scans on these "ghost"...

View more questions Search