Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AWPtic Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2008, 03:44 PM
    Girlfriend Issue - What should I do?
    This girl I'm seeing just called me today crying over the phone. I asked her what was wrong, but she told me that she can't tell me. So, I told her everything would be all right, etc. But, she kept on crying and started having a panic attack, so once I got her out of the panic attack she said that she had to go because she was going to be late for work. Then, I told her "I love you" like usual and she told me not to tell her that anymore. So, she won't tell me what's wrong, I asked her if I did anything and she said no. Later, I found out that she was standing at a bridge (thinking about jumping) of course she didn't since I talked to her a little bit after that. What should I do?
    Christini Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jul 14, 2008, 04:10 PM
    Can you find a way to talk to her in person.. Something has had to happened to her that has affected her to the point where she wants to die.. Worst case scenario she was molested or raped which is why she probably why she said not to tell her you love her anymore.

Just try to see her in person and talk to her. Hold her and let her know she's safe in your arms. Something had to have happened and she needs to talk about it cause if she doesn't it'll probably get worse.
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2008, 04:12 PM
    Have you tried asking her family or friends what's going on on their household/school/neighborhood? How many times she acted this weird?

Whatever it is why she will even think to jump from that bridge, this is very much used but always the right answer.. convince her to see a counselor, watch her moves and advise her family and close friends.
    maria16 Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2008, 05:14 PM
    This is serious, and this is not something you can solve by yourself. Talk to her initially, and find out the reason. If it is a reason that does not involve her family, talk to them. She may be angry with you for this, but that is better than you regretting later not having done anything: you should tell someone in her family, calmly, that you think she needs to seek counseling asap. Or convince her to tell them... she may be afraid of their reaction but convince her that everyone will be supportive and is just looking out for her. Has she been depressed or bipolar? Was she ever on medication that she may have recently came off? Talk to her in person and be supportive, but I would not trust it if she says 'everything is fine now'.

Jul 14, 2008, 08:15 PM
    She wasn't molested or raped. I know that much. She isn't bipolar or anything. She does have family issues though. She has came crying to me probably at least 5 times since I've known her about different stuff, for which I've always been there for her. She's usually a happy, cheerful, nice, caring, and very sweet girl.
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2008, 08:30 PM
    Get to know her more.. or else you're played on your emotions.

Jul 14, 2008, 09:27 PM
    Lol, I probably know her better than her own parents.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 14, 2008, 09:28 PM
    She needs help, but I doubt she is receptive to the idea, and may be a disaster to put it to her.

This isn't something you keep to yourself, but need a trusted adult figure to counsel you. Pastor, counselor, or someone who may be able to listen to the whole story, and point you in the right direction to help her.

Without details its hard for us.

Jul 14, 2008, 10:05 PM
    What details do you need?
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2008, 10:51 PM
    Why? When? How? How many times? Why? Why?

She appears to be suidicidal to us even if you see her bubbly and spirited a lot of times. Very contradicting.

Jul 15, 2008, 04:42 AM
    Figured out problem. Thread Closed. Thanks everyone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is my girlfriend/ex girlfriend thinking? Will she realize what she's lost? [ 44 Answers ]

All right, before I start let me just say that I have been dating this girl for 3 years, ever since we graduated from high school. Background info: We met in high school, I really never knew her up until my senior year. We're both the same age and she sat beside me in class because she taught I...

My boyfriends ex-girlfriend issue. I don't know what to do [ 2 Answers ]

Well for starters.. my name is chelsy and I need help figuring out to do with my boyfriend of 3months. We started seeing each other during school, not dating just seeing. Well I knew his ex-girlfriend and him stilled talked and stuff... I just didn't think much of it. Anyway ill get to the point....

I have a shower issue and venting issue [ 1 Answers ]

I have 4 showers in my house 1 downstairs and 3 upstairs. Two of the 3 upstairs have stopped having hotwater in them, shower A is a tub shower combined unit and has no hot water in it, shower B is a shower only with a jetted tub in the same bathroom but not single unit. The shower in B has no hot...

View more questions Search