Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2008, 02:27 PM
    Exxon/Mobil Credit Card Rate 70.45%
    I just looked at my CC and found that the interest rate on the card is 70.45%.

What's going on?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2008, 02:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItSimpleStupid
    I just looked at my CC and found that the interest rate on the card is 70.45%.

What's going on?

In "most" (don't you hate that word - ?) States there is a maximum rate of interest which can be charged. About that it's usury and illegal.

EXCEPT for Federally chartered banks which can do what they want.

Unless it's a misprint this is chilling.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 14, 2008, 02:49 PM
    >Moved from Economics to Credit<

What the hell.
    Did you know of this rate before you received the card or was it "taylored" to you personally ?
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2008, 05:00 PM
    Looking at the bill again I see Annual Percentage Rate 70.45% in bold, but in these boxes I see a finance charge of $2.00 in bold and a new balance of $8.00 in bold. So, I don't know what is going on. I paid the wrong amount due. $40.26 rather than $46.26, so I was $6.00 short.

I also see Daily Periodic rate of .05753% and see the corresponding APR of 21%

Something seems fishy.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 14, 2008, 05:19 PM
    Where you late on a few payments? The more payments you are late on, the higher the rate goes up.
    farmgirlmo Posts: 107, Reputation: 2

Jul 14, 2008, 07:15 PM
    A lot of CCC are rate jacking due to the current economy. If you are late on any payments that show on your credit report, they can rate jack you. I believe the term to look for in your fine print is "universal default".
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 14, 2008, 07:58 PM
    I know I had one ( cancelled) they claim they did not get the payment in time, guess mailing it two weeks before due date took too long. They jumped my interest almost 4 times the current rate. That card was cut up the day that bill came in.
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2008, 08:35 PM
    I guess the fine print doesn't make any sense to me. It's not in Legal-ease.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Boycott Exxon and other Ol Companies [ 6 Answers ]

Exxon profits, we lose You decide for yourself: ExxonMobil made $32 billion in 2005, despite sky-high gas prices and natural disasters that flattened many Americans. Yet the world's largest oil co. still refuses to invest even a fraction of its billions in safe, renewable energy like wind and...

Looking for a credit card who will only check transunion/poor credit [ 1 Answers ]

My transunion score is high and the others r in the high fives I'm looking for a business credit card is there a chance there might be one who will only check my transunion? Thank you Smart B Development Corp.

Civil summons for a credit card, but my fianc? Has never had a credit card [ 13 Answers ]

Hello! My fiancé has received a civil summons from a law firm representing Discover card. My fiancé has never had a discover card in his life. His parents hae one, but the civil summons is for him. He has never received a bill or a letter or a phone call. Apparently the card balance has been...

FICO Credit Score: Maintain a 50% debt to credit-limit ratio on _each_ card? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been advised that I should transfer part of a balance of one credit card to another card in order to maintain 50% debt to credit limit ratio on _each_ card even though my _total_ debt to credit limit ratio is already below 50%. (Most of the debt is on one card for convenience.) I could...

View more questions Search