Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    action jackson Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Mar 31, 2006, 10:17 AM
    Oil Drum BBQ's
    Anyone know anything about them? Im looking to make one but I'm not sure if there is a secret to doing it. I also want to attack a smoker on it but with gas that may not make sense to but still, lemmie know if you kanow anything.

Thanks
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 31, 2006, 12:00 PM
    Every one I've seen has been charcoal fired. Basically, they are created by slicing a drum in half and attaching some sort of legs to it. A Plumbing supply store can sell you the pipes and holder. Screw in some bolts to hold the grills and you are done.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2006, 12:37 PM
    Hi,
    There are plans available on Ebay for building a 55 gal. drum BBQ, but not for the gas; or at least that I could find.
    Do you have a Lowe's nearby?
    There is a chance they might have plans for one, since they do sell the propane tanks with gages, etc..
    If you have access to a welder, it would be much easier than drilling holes in the drum for the stand itself.
    You also would need to put hinges on the top part, open and close, to make a smoker. Lowe's also sells the gas vents (burners), needed at the bottom to release and burn the propane.
    Best of luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drum trap question [ 3 Answers ]

My upstairs shower drain has been running more and more slowly over the past few months. We tried chemicals and snaking it, to no avail. I finally called a plumber last week. He opened the crawlspace and pointed out the drum trap, and said that it was likely a clog in the drum trap. He said...

Design of a vapor-liquid separator (or flash drum, or knockout drum) [ 2 Answers ]

A vapor-liquid separator drum is a vertical vessel into which a liquid and vapor mixture (or a flashing liquid) is fed and wherein the liquid is separated by gravity, falls to the bottom of the vessel, and is withdrawn. The vapor travels upward at a design velocity which minimizes the entrainment...

Heating element stays on after drum stops [ 8 Answers ]

To stop the dryer we often open the door. When I open the door the drum stops turning. The heating element remains on. If I turn the timer to off the heating elelment will go off. If I set the timer to on the heating element starts immediately before pushing the button to start the drum. What...

Drum Trap Replacement [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, For the second time in a year, our bathtub drainage has become very slow. After the first incident, the plumbers snaked the line, which helped. Now, about a year later, the same problem persists, and a new plumber has told us we have a drum trap that needs to be replaced with a P trap. ...

View more questions Search