Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    renovatgalore Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2008, 12:36 PM
    How to perform a pressure test for an inspector
    I've NEVER done plumbing before!!

I have added an addition to my home and I am to the plumbing inspection. I have added a toilet and a sink to my existing lines, not to advanced but still something I am unfamiliar with. I have the pressure valves on the drain line of the sink and the waste openings for the toilet and sink waste lines covered. What other steps do I need to take such as tools, precautions, maximum psi, etc. Please help!

This is the last step before I can finish the rest of my inspection which I know are fine.
    truck 41 Posts: 221, Reputation: 21

Jul 14, 2008, 03:41 PM
    Hello renovatgalore, from what you've posted I take it that all your plumbing lines are still exposed. Can you post some pictures so we can see what you've got t deal with.
    In the southwest ( az. Area ) we have to put a water test on all new plumbing drainlines, so we put test tees at the point where we tie the new line onto the existing lines, then put a test ball on the test tees and plug off all lav drains and toilet drainlines etc. just as you stated on your post then fill the drain, waste and vent system with water to the roof top for inspection. Call your city building division and ask them what the code is for your plumbing inspection, they can give you information on what they want to see on an inspection.good luck------Zeke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hotel inspector [ 4 Answers ]

I have always wanted to be a hotel inspector, and I do not know how to get into this type of job and what qualifications are needed, BUT I would so love to do it, and have no ties

How do I perform the honda k-test? [ 1 Answers ]

Txgreasemonkey Can you walk me through the K-test, there are many circuits I can test for low voltage? Do you have an image that can help me test the right one? Thank you

Inspector a prick [ 12 Answers ]

I have completed a rough from a 100 year old mud job that I completely ripped out, have replace all the old cast with new 4 inch pvc. Problem with inspector. I ran the 4 inch pvc up to the bathroom then put a 4x4 ty followed by a 4x2 ty too hook up shower and sink then a 90 elbow that would be for...

Doesn't perform any Power on Self Test [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a ECS motherboard 3 months ago it works fine. And till this problems comes, it doesn't perform any Power on Self Test. It has a display. I can't even enter the bios setup. How could I fix this? Please help me... I'm a new user here

Home inspector says SEC is too small. Is it? [ 2 Answers ]

What size SEC is needed for 200A?

View more questions Search