Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gchappel Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2006, 09:53 AM
    Help finding 2 old scifi movies?
    I thought I would ask the board that knows all!
    I have a moderate collection of old scifi movies- mostly from the 50's and 60's. There are 2 I have been searching for.
    One is named Kohoutek(sp?), which is a blob type movie, where the blob comes out of a cave every time a comet i.e. Kohoutek, comes back.

The other is harder, as I can not remember the name. It is about a robot invasion- mankind finally destroys them by accidentally cracking its face shield with sound- probably the forerunner of Mars Attacks. Robot was exactly man sized, walked around slowly, but had a large front faceplate that projected a ray that destroyed anything.
    These are both from the late 50's to 60's, I would guess the latter.
    I have tried the Google searchs, etc. Are there any other active groups I could ask? These were both "hit" movies at the time, so I'm sure film collectors would know of them.
    I'm trying to find some of these old films- the ones that scared me to death when I was 8. Does anyone remember their favorite old film- cost a nickel to get in.
    A huge thanks to anyone that can help- I would really like to see these again.
    Gerry
    mrtwobit Posts: 4, Reputation: 3

Aug 6, 2009, 01:16 PM

One would be "Target Earth" 1954
    Target Earth (1954)

The other I don't know, but I'm looking.

Aug 6, 2009, 02:06 PM

Thanks, Target Earth- that was it!
    Now I just need to find a copy of it.
    Thanks again
    Gerry
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Aug 6, 2009, 07:59 PM

The first movie sounds like Caltiki the Undying Monster
    Caltiki - il mostro immortale (1959)

Aug 7, 2009, 02:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinn F View Post
    The first movie sounds like Caltiki the Undying Monster
    Caltiki - il mostro immortale (1959)
    Yes, I had found that one. Thanks for the help! Sure is fun re-watching the old ones that scared me as a kid!
    Gerry

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80's or early 90's scifi/comedy with little aliens [ 4 Answers ]

I remember watching a movie as a kid about Aliens that crash(I think they crashed) on earth during Halloween so everyone thinks they are just in costume since they are the size of kids. I remember the movie being funny too so I guess it was a comedy. And I think they befriend a little girl. I can't...

80's or 90's scifi movie [ 5 Answers ]

Okey, I have seen two movies when I was little that I am stuck with! One was The Wraith (Turbo Interceptor), thankfully I got this one and watched it again and got it out of my system. The other one is tricky, here isi what I remember : 1. it's a robot movie of some sorts 2. a scientist is...

80's fantasy/scifi film with women with wings [ 2 Answers ]

Long shot, but I'm trying to track down a film that I saw a bit of many years ago, maybe in the 80's. I haven't a clue who was in it or what it was called, which I know will make it really hard, but there is a particular scene which has stuck in my head ever since. It involves what I think is a...

80's scifi movie... Title? [ 7 Answers ]

It's an 80's or early 90's movie where this astroid comes out of space and lands on a farm and this little creature comes out that looks like a leach. I remember a scene from where they're playing baseball and the creature is in the woods and attacks one of the players by attaching itself to it's...

90s SCIFI forgotten TV show [ 2 Answers ]

I remember an early 90s TV show that was on TBS or TNT or something like that. It was very possibly on in the after school slot, or maybe I just saw it every time I stayed home sick from school. So the show had this liquid metallic (quicksilver, possibly) space ship, who's hull opened up into...

View more questions Search