Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    love is abby Posts: 114, Reputation: 2

Jul 14, 2008, 09:08 AM
    Dance and theater
    Which dance classes would help my career as an actress?
    Hip-hop
    Ballroom
    Jazz
    Lyrical
    Acro
    yani123 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2008, 10:23 AM
    Well among all of those please don't try acro, anything but that(what are you a circus performer). To my opinion jazz is for the 80īs and ballroom is something consigned to the past to the eyes of the many. I suggest that both hiphop and lyrical are going to be the best at helping your career as an actress.(please rate my answer)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2008, 02:34 AM
    If you are going into acting, I would suggest studying and practicing any style of dance that you might be called to do in an audition as a part for whatever it is for which you are auditioning. Best to be prepared... About anything goes in theater nowadays.

A good dance studio that might prepare you for acting will be covering all of the bases as far as dance styles are concerned.

Since you are just reaching out as far as being in the acting realm, I would suggest leaving yourself open to anything that you might need to learn rather than any sort of specialty.
    theatre guy Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2008, 04:19 PM

Any kind of movement class can help you as an actress. Unless you also want to be an actress who dances. There is a great deal of competition out there for chorus people and most of them dance very well - after years of training.
    The point is to be physically fit and understand your body. Movement/exercise classes are great. Even Pilates. Getting in touch with your body is part of getting in touch with yourself in order to be able to personify others (as characters) as an actress.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't want to have to sit at the theater until it comes on again . [ 6 Answers ]

I have been to the movie theater twice in the past two weeks. Both times I was there, I heard the same song and I like it. Unfortunately, I don't have much about it. A guy sings it... it is a like slower but bouncy rock type song (think Jack Johnson/John Mayer). It has the word "hip" in it. He...

Dance Studios - more empahsis on dance or business [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question regarding dance studios. I would like a sincere answer from someone who either owns or knows someone well who does own their own dance studio. It has been my experience that studios will put more emphasis on business rather than dance. The reason for this is I have seen good...

Home Theater Set-up [ 7 Answers ]

I have the following equipment but I am not sure of the optimal connections in setting up the system. Sharp Aquos LCD HDTV Toshiba DVD Recorder D-R400 Dish Network HD Receiver VIP 622 R Onkyo TXDS656 Audio Video Control Receiver The HD receiver, LCD TV and DVD recorder all have HDMI ports...

View more questions Search