Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    potgeit4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2008, 08:58 AM
    calculate net present value
    Jason Manufacturing wants to invest in a robotics process. Purchase and installation of the process will cost $2,900,000. This must be paid immediately. The company expects to dismantle this production process at the end of its 7-year life and salvage the equipment for $100,000. The company will depreciate the equipment at $400,000 per year. Starting in year 4, the company expects quality improvements valued at 2.1 million until the end of the process in year 7. Because this investment is risky, the company believes it should use an 18 percent discount rate. The company's effective tax rate is 35 percent.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2008, 09:03 AM
    Understanding The Time Value Of Money

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to calculate the net present value [ 2 Answers ]

You have the opportunity to invest in a machine that costs $340,000. The machine generates revenue of $100,000 at the end of each year and requires maintenance costs of $10,000 at the end of each year. The economic life of the machine is five years and the relevant discount rate is 9 perecent.

Net present value [ 1 Answers ]

Project A requires an original investment of $65,000. The project will yield cash flows of $15,000 per year for seven years. Project B has a calculated net present value of $5,500 over a five year life. Project a could be sold at the end of five years for a price of $30,000. (a) Using the proper...

Calculate present value [ 1 Answers ]

I need $50000 in 12 years. If I earn .25% per month how much do I deposit today?

Present for a new guy. [ 2 Answers ]

I am seeing this one guy and his Birthday is coming up. Since this is new to both of us, I was wondering what I should get him for his Birthday. I don't want to go all out, just something cute and thoughtful. Any ideas? Thanks! :)

How do you calculate net present value NPV [ 2 Answers ]

How do you calaulate NPV NPV = $60 + $60 __________ - $100 (1+r) (1 +r)2 investment cost $100 expected result in revenues of $60 in 2 years r = 0.10

View more questions Search