Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DEBANN9296 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2008, 07:39 AM
    Inheritance
    For free, how can I find out if I have inherited money from someone close to me that has passed away?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 14, 2008, 07:45 AM
    You go down to your local Probate court and see if a will has been filed. But, if one has been filed and you were included with a bequest, then you would likely have been notified.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 17, 2008, 11:54 AM
    Often there is no way, even a paid way. When someone dies, the will goes to the local probate court and they will do some attempts to find you if possible. But then sometimes one relation does not file the will in court and tries to cheat everyone, so not even the court knows of the will. And so on. So you need to know whose will you may be listed in and if they die, check the probate of their estate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Inheritance tax [ 2 Answers ]

What is the California inheritance tax?

Inheritance [ 7 Answers ]

My father passed away and I am inheriting a large amount of money. I am married and live in California and want to know if this will be community property or is it exclusively mine?

NYS Inheritance Tax [ 3 Answers ]

A friend of mine left me over $100,000 from his $730,000 estate. Do I have to pay NY State an inheritance tax? If so, isn't it taken out of the entire estate before distribution to the beneficiaries?

Inheritance tax [ 9 Answers ]

If I inherit 60000pounds & give my 2 children 10000pounds each will they have to Pay any tax

Ch. 13 & inheritance [ 2 Answers ]

I filed Ch. 13 in Aug. 04... I will be finished with my case in September of this year ( in 6 months.). I am receiving an inheritance sometime soon, probably around 40-50K. Will I be able to keep it or will it go towards my case? Do I report the money to the court or will they automatically find...

View more questions Search